Compile LE 8.2.5 with nVidia Legacy driver and Dual Audio patch

• Hi,

I still use a super Asus board with nVidia ION, and the system needs dual audio support. I know dual audio support is not a great way to go, but it works. Since I both need legacy nVidia drivers AND Dual Audio patch, I will need to compile my own LE 8.2.5. This is the first time I do this, therefore your help would be so much appreciated.

What I do:

1. I Forked LE at github.

2. I modified the nVidia Legacy driver with adding a commit.

3. Downloaded the patch for Dual Audio from here: Patch

4. I cloned my fork, changed to 8.2.5, and to the nVidia legacy commit:

Code
    git clone https://github.com/gurabli/LibreELEC.tv.git
    cd ~/LibreELEC.tv
    git checkout 8.2.5
    git checkout 0d3857e0d755d2f571760b3213c40a3858663a2b

5. I copied the downloaded Dual Audio patch to: /packages/mediacenter/kodi/patches/

6. I start to compile:

Code
    PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64
    PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 tools/download-tool
    PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 IMAGE_SUFFIX=gurabli_nvidia_legacy_dualaudio make image

Is this the correct way to do this?

Your help is very much appreciated! I'm on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS.

Edited once, last by gurabli (August 27, 2018 at 10:30 AM).

• Thnk you!

So if I understand correctly, the way I do it is fine for 8.2.5, plus the bzip2 fix with the cherry-pick line you said.

This will keep me to the 8.2.5 branch with fix to bzip2, but will not pull the changes added to xorg and mesa that will not work with 304 drivers?

Did I put the Dual Audio patch at correct location?

Thanks

• No idea about the dual-audio patch. Last time I saw that code (a couple of years ago) it was a fcuking horrible hack. If it works, it works. If it doesn't work .. not our problem to solve. Also hard to mind-read what you've done, so best to just build and see what happens.

• Yes, dual-audio patch is horrible, I remember many conversations about it back few years ago. But it works for many years:) I won't ask for support regarding dual-audio, like you said, if it works, then works, if not, I won't use it.

There is a built version with dual audio patch for 8.2.5 fully working, just not with nvidia legacy drivers. So I wan't to build a version with dual-audio and nvidia legacy drivers. I'm building it right now, will see if the cherry-pick will resolve the build fail because of bzip2 url.

Will report back for sure.

• hi chewitt

I get a build error on bzip2. Any idea what can I do?

I updated the package.mk of bzip2 as per this: Link Still, it fails. Do you know maybe what else do I need to change?

EDIT: I managed to fix the build issue with some trial and error.

Edited once, last by gurabli (August 29, 2018 at 2:12 PM).