Do I gain anyting by upgrading LE versions?

• Hi, my first post here, tnaks for a great way to use Kodi with Libreelec, Im so thankfull for everyone involved to makes this happeing, THANKS!!! :)

I have a PC with LE 8.2.3 on a USB stick, so far it works great, good picture good sound in my home cinema, Is there any reason for me to "upgrade" to 8.2.5? Do I gain anyting in sound/picture qualiry and stability?

I am only watching 1080p VC-1 and H.264 videos with Vdpau activated and letting Kodi put out PCM 5.1 sound(I have on older receiver that will not take bitstream). IM Happy..

(My PC if it matters: intel celeron 1610 with a Nvidia GT 730 Graphics card and 6Gb RAM, and its connected to my receiver threw HDMI and then further to my 55" samsung 1080 led TV)

• Generally each *new* release solves earlier problems/bugs and adds improvements.

You're not too far behind the "latest" release, so if you are happy with what you have, then there is no real reason for you to upgrade. However, if you do need to upgrade to LE 9 (Kodi 18) then you really should be on the "latest" release.

• ok, thanks, the reason also for asking is i read this in the new 8.2.5: "We also bump both nVidia drivers in the Generic x86_64 image, resolve an MCE remote problem" , but Im sure it has nothing to do with video quality/stability.....

I will keep the 8.2.3, if it aint broken, dont fix it :) they say...

• Basically the last number indicates it's a bugfix release. The first number is the major release and AFAIK tied to the Kodi version so LE 8 is Kodi 17 and LE 9 will be Kodi 18 and so one. As long as you stick to the LE 8.x builds you should be able to upgrade without flaws.