Unable to install LibreElec (any version) on Intel Atom x5-8500 computer

• I am trying to install the Intel Generic 8.2.5 of LibreElec on an Intel Atom x5-8500 processor on a Kangaroo PC Plus device.

It gets stuck at the boot screen and doesn't go further.

Boot stuck at boot screen

I can hit tab and type run or installer or live and none of them work. The keyboard initially responds. But, if I let it sit there, It just stays there, and over time, it doesn't respond to a keyboard stroke.

Any thoughts?

Note, I am able to install any current or older installs of Ubuntu. But, I am unable to install LibreElec, never gets past this screen.

I have tried USB 2.0 flash drive installer, USB 3.0 flash drive installer, tried using the microSD to boot from. All the same result.

I have flashed those drives with both Etcher and the LibreElec SD/USB Install Creator

Specs of the computer in question

Intel Atom™ x5-Z8500 Processor (2M Cache, up to 2.24 GHz)
    Graphics: Intel® Processor Graphics Gen8
    RAM: 4GB LPDDR3
    Storage: 64GB eMMC

microSD x 1, USB 2.0 x 1, USB 3.0 x 1, HDMI x 1

Wi-Fi 802.11 A/C (Dual Band) / Bluetooth 4.0

UEFI and Secure Boot Mode is Off.

• ISTR there is something unusual about Kangaroo devices, but right now the details escape me. If you can install Ubuntu, perhaps try using an Ubuntu Live USB to manually install. Basically you need to create two partitions; one 512MB and the second for the remaining space, both ext4 and install grub as the bootloader (same as Ubuntu). Now copy the contents of the first partition of the LE installer USB to the 512MB partition and translate the contents of the extlinux.conf file to grub's format. I'm a little light on details here, but creating two partitions, copy the files, configure the bootloader is all our own installer script does.