Moving from LibreELEC to plain Kodi

• I've been using LibreELEC for a couple of years now, and it's awesome! For one of my TVs, though, I need the capabilities of a full PC. What's the best way to move my configuration from my LibreELEC box to my Ubuntu box with Kodi on it? Can I just use the Kodi Backup addon to backup my LibreELEC Kodi settings, restore them to the Kodi Ubuntu box, and then just uninstall the LibreELEC addon & repository? Are there any other addons that should be uninstalled or settings that need to be tweaked?

• Do you want Ubuntu and Kodi at the same time? If, not you can boot off a USB stick when you need LE and remove the USB stick when you want Ubuntu.

The problem I can see is that both the LE Kodi and the Ubuntu Kodi really need to be the same release. If you're on a LE 8 (Kodi 17) and your Ubuntu is fairly recent 14.04+ then you should be OK.

• It will be easier for my wife to just have it all in Ubuntu. Both systems have Kodi 17.6. What about removing addons or tweaking settings? I don't want a lot of extra addons that are specific to LibreELEC if they are no longer needed.