LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• Well, for tvheadend you need to install tvheadend htsp client not iptv simple.

Thanks for your answer! I deinstalled iptv simple and installed Tvheadend htsp client.

At least I receive a system sound. But there are still no channels.

Is there a debug option, in order to test, wether the Cine s2 is recognized by Tvheadend?

Do I have to initiate the channel scan?

• I purchased my DD Cine S2 V7

urgs this card should work with the "dvb drivers from latest kernel" package

dmesg | paste might help (if you have time ^^)

I assume, that I have to wait until the drivers are availabe.

no, pls use my build and change at the driver selector the "dvb drivers from latest kernel" and reboot, after that the card should be there

• I tried the builds:

LibreElEC-Generic.x86_64-8.1.0-digital-devices.img.gz

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2.0-dvb-1.0.img.gz

With the later one, I made a little more progress.

I was able to select the drivers.

I tried the "Digtal Devices Cards" and the "dvb divers from the latest kernel".

There is no real difference.

The status is, still no channels.

The "event log" shows "Kodi successfully started".

The starting of the "channel scan" gives the Message "none of the connected PVR backends support scanning for channels".

Now I am realy stuck, and do not know where to go.

Is there a combination of PVR client /Server which is proven to work with a DD Cine S2 V7a ?

Are there settings which could block off the chanel scanning?

I hope to get some ideas from the community.

best regards

• I have been happily using version 7.0.2 for about a year and a half - brilliant work CvH! It works almost flawlessly, but I thought it was time now to update to 8.2.0, using the file LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2.0-dvb-1.0.img.gz. The system ignored the file in the update folder on reboot. I inadvertently updated via the LibreELEC Settings -> Updates facility, which did update to 7.0.3 generic, but of course with no TBS drivers. I have tried to get back to 7.0.2 using the original .tar file but as before, the system no longer seems to respond to any files in the update folder. I do have a complete backup. Is my only option to do a full reinstall and if so, using which version?

• Re my post #783, with nothing to lose, I selected the 8.0 update channel to see whether that would help. It did upgrade to the generic 8.2.0 version with no problems, but of course I still have no TBS drivers and the system still refuses to take account of any files in the update folder (I have made them executable). Doing an installation from scratch is possible, but the installation files play havoc with my monitor for some reason as soon as the splash screen disappears, so it is a very difficult operation.

• which did update to 7.0.3 generic, but of course with no TBS drivers.

you can update to LE8.2 that includes by default the TBS drivers

just copy LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2.0.img.gz to your update folder and reboot :)

It did upgrade to the generic 8.2.0 version with no problems, but of course I still have no TBS drivers

what TBS card do you have ? Btw did you upgrading from an older OpenELEC build ?

I want to try your 8.1.0 version.

why not using my 8.2 version ? :) Index of /LibreELEC/8.2_Krypton/8.2.0/

just update to that version, enable driver -> reboot

I`ll do a Hauppauge addon soonish that includes a huge number of new Hauppauge drivers, currently a bit out of time but I try to get it working this week.

• Thanks for your reply CvH. I did copy the 8.2 file to the update folder, but LibreELEC takes no notice of anything I put in there. I have a TBS6281 card which worked beautifully under 7.0.2. The order of upgrades was 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 generic (accidental) then 7.03 to 8.2.0 generic, both via the Update function in Settings -> System. These worked fine, but anything I put in the updates folder is ignored on reboot. I can't work out why.

• Thanks. I'm using 8.2.0 and installed latest Kernel drivers but still nothing. I'll wait for you to add the Hauppauge addon then :)

FejW

• if you reboot there should be an text that complain about the problem - could you have a look what is written there ?

By the text file, I assume you mean the log file, which is the only one I can find. I have pasted that to MHLT

btw you did it that way right ?

I downloaded the update file from LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2.0-dvb-1.0.img.gz and copied it to /storage/.update via scp. It still sits there.

The update has worked by this method at least once before - I can't remember whether the update from 7.0 to 7.0.2 required one update or two, but 7.0 required a complete reinstall from OpenELEC because of its smaller sized system partition.

I'm very grateful for your help, as a thorough search has not revealed anyone else having the same problem. If all else fails, I found the notes I made when I did the last reinstall (7.0) and I know the keys to press even if I can't see the prompts on the monitor. When I try to reinstall from a bootable USB, the monitor is black after the start-up splash screen, with only occasional very short flashes of the normal content!

• I now have 8.2 "official" version, but as far as I'm aware it does not incorporate TBS drivers. There is no option I can find to load them, as in the examples for your dvb version. The system has detected a TV card, but the wrong one (?) - Silicon Labs Si2168 - when I go to set it up. I'll see whether I can get anywhere with that. It certainly was not what I was expecting!