LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• Official Post

Is it possible to try an image with this commit to see if that works with annex b?

yea I do a image later

Ok, I have tested version 1.12, but it's still the same.

Yea no real idea whats wrong - kernel thinks it is right - I do another try later

• Ok, I have tested version 1.12, but it's still the same.

Yea no real idea whats wrong - kernel thinks it is right - I do another try later

I have taken a look into the system.log of OpenElec 6.03
    The difference is Port 0

Code
    cxd2099: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
    Digital Devices PCIE bridge driver 0.9.15, Copyright (C) 2010-14 Digital Devices GmbH
    DDBridge driver detected: Digital Devices DVBCT V6.1 DVB adapter
    HW 0001000d REGMAP 00010004
    : Using 1 MSI interrupts
    Port 0 (TAB 1): DUAL DVB-C/T
    Port 1 (TAB 2): NO MODULE
    Port 2 (TAB 3): NO MODULE

Edited once, last by PeterPan (May 12, 2016 at 9:00 PM).

• hi CvH i don't suppose you could help me had a dvbsky t9580 for a few months and have not got cable side working posted on openelec few times but not got fixed yet. issue i think is from reading online is

Code
    This card works out of the box with a recent Linux kernel after copying the firmware to /lib/firmware. The dvb-s tuner works flawlessly under Linux but there is however a problem to use the DVB-C tuner as the DVB-T tuner is set per default and they don’t have separate frontends. Switching to DVB-C : “dvb-fe-tool --adapter=1 --frontend=0 --set-delsys=DVBC/ANNEX_A

additional info

Code
    mpegts: 427MHz in uk cable - tuning on Silicon Labs Si2168 : DVB-C #0
    linuxdvb: Silicon Labs Si2168 : DVB-C #0 - failed to tune [e=Invalid argument]

Code
    /$ dmesg | pastebinit
    [url=http://sprunge.us/IBIH]sprunge.us/IBIH[/url]
    ps aux | pastebinit
    [url=http://sprunge.us/IgbX]sprunge.us/IgbX[/url]
  • At the moment a lot stuff is hardcoded (it is a bit effort to build an RPi image because I have to change a lot) - I was a bit in time problems due the release date of LE.
    So I wanted at first let you try something and find possible bugs and if its stable port it to RPi. Later I do the code better that it can easily ported to every platform

Hello

Just to give you a big, big thank you.
    I have LibreElec working properly with TVHeadend and my TBS 5220 DVB-C + a Raspberry Pi 2.

ezlmf

• the dvb-fe-tool is at the "DVB Tools" addon - this should work (the command could be put to the autoexec.py to activate this at startup)

i have installed dvb-fe tool now unsure how i do this
    the command could be put to the autoexec.py to activate this at startup