LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• I haven't build a version for LE8 yet because it is still a moving target (I start as soon we hit beta/near to this).

CvH, I would like you build LE8 version as soon as possible - I have Magica T230 setup with nasty bug in mainstream drivers, which was somehow fixed in Crazycat driver. So please, build it so I could watch my TV :)

• Hi lordslash,
    copy both files:
    dvb-demod-si2168-d60-01.fw
    dvb-tuner-si2141-a10-01.fw
    in /storage/.config/firmware

Thanks a lot, this helped me (sorry I didn't read the whole thread, my bad).

CvH Wrote: I haven't build a version for LE8 yet because it is still a moving target (I start as soon we hit beta/near to this).
    CvH, I would like you build LE8 version as soon as possible - I have Magica T230 setup with nasty bug in mainstream drivers, which was somehow fixed in Crazycat driver. So please, build it so I could watch my TV

I add myself to the request of the LE8 build: the DVB-T2 stream in Germany uses the HEVC H.265 format which is much improved in the LE8 version: I tested it with some sample files and it worked really great on my PI3 so it would be really useful to have LE8 and the T230C driver.. Thank you!

• will you builds boot on VirtualBox?

this would need an virtual build - i can do a build if LE8 hits final.

Hi CvH, a Little request. Could you create a repository for index - powered by h5ai v0.29.0 (https://larsjung.de/h5ai/) so we can add it like a source in Kodi and update your tvheadend nightly build directly for LE?

I already answered it somewhere, I really dislike this because it would update every day and it is highly possible that something breaks.

LE8
    I "hammer" something together for LE8 - lets see if this work :D

• lordslash
    Could you tell me if the T230C works fine on DVB-T channel (in Italy DVBT-2 is not arrived)?
    I notice some audio stuttering with OMX Player acceleration if audio/video synchronization is on.
    With MMAL instead of audio stuttering I see green artifacts.
    With audio/video synchronization off I haven't audio stuttering or video artifacts, but audio go out of sync.

My setup: LE 7.0.2, RPi3, Passthough enabled for my Home Therater system, MPEG2 and VC1 licence key for hardware acceleration

• Hi Lollo, I didn't test it so deeply yet cauze I didn't have much time but I can say that with T230C and MMAL acceleration the SD channels work really good. As I said thr HD channels don't work with LE7. Anyway do you have troubles with the italian SD or HD channels?

Thanls CVH for the LE 7.90 build, I hope I will have time to try it tomorrow :)

Edited once, last by lordslash (October 11, 2016 at 9:24 PM).

• Hi, the issue appears with both SD (MPEG-2) and HD (H264) channels, but is more evident with HD channels.
    Of course, my RPi uses hardware acceleration for SD channels (unlocked by Mpeg2 license key) and OMX Player or MMAL to provide acceleration in HD channels.
    In this case, both OMX or MMAL show the issue, but in a different way: audio stuttering if I use OMX, video artifacts with MMAL.

But the very strange thing is that overclocking RPi3 seems to solve the issue.
    With this parameters I have no problems using T230C, but I have test it for more hours before to say that this is the perfect solution:

CvH: do you think that the issue is in the drivers or in LE?

• The driver was written by CrazyCat only a few weeks ago. You can contact him through the tvheadend forum or on his github page and try to troubleshoot the problems (I suppose the Kodi log could be enough), he seems really kimd and smart :)
    By the way I have a technaxx dvb-t stick s4 which I use to stream the italian channels here in Germany where I live and it works amazingly (and I have a simple PI 1 backend with tvheadend)

• The driver was written by CrazyCat only a few weeks ago. You can contact him through the tvheadend forum or on his github page and try to troubleshoot the problems (I suppose the Kodi log could be enough), he seems really kimd and smart :)

I also read this topic :)

• LOL! Omnipresent as God.
    Hi crazycat, thanks a lot for the driver and all the other hard work. What do you think about my experience?
    If I overclocking Rpi3 I have no more issues, but of course the system became unstable (sometimes freezes).
    What kind of log/report I have to provide you for debugging?
    Thanks again

lordslash: I bought T230C because, maybe, in 2017 Italy switch-off to DVB-T2

• I will try 7.90.7 DDDVB today, will report back if it's working with my DD Cine S2 V7.
    Got some strange behaviour with official Beta 6, DiseqC wasn't fully working there.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

• can you please build an ARM version for Raspberry PI 3? Do you think that the german DVB-T2 (H.265) can be watched with the latest LE and a PI3?

I got no time to do it yet, but I try to make one at the weekend. For german DVB-T2 the RPi3 is too weak :(

Does it include Crazycat's driver for T230 dvb-t2 dongle?

ljalves-cc includes a driver for T230C, the T230 is already supported by the normal LE build.