Simple scripts for QoS ( priority, buffer bloat) on S905 Android Box LE + Pi-hole

• I would like to use my S905X based Android Box with LE and Pi-hole add-on.

Pi-hole gives me DNS and DHCP nicely. What I additionally would like to do is add some Linux QoS, e.g, priority to streaming from Ethernet source to Box over downloads by home PC/laptop(s) attached to the LE WiFi AP.

Plus some buffer bloat prevention and minimum bandwidth guarantee to streaming to Box as percent of total. My ethernet bandwidth will be low, 2-5 Mbps.

LE can't run any installs, and Pi-hole likely cannot accommodate scripts either.

Can some Docker container based approach do the trick for above simple QoS features, perhaps by adding OpenWrt type functions? Possibly on a lightweight Alpine aarch64 base (5MB) as opposed to the usual Debian one?

• Sometime ago Pihole wasn't easy loaded on LE either...naysayers galore !

The solution is IPtables, already part of LE. Surprised you couldn't figure it out as a Dev.

Edited 2 times, last by shippy (August 10, 2018 at 3:14 AM).

• Moderators are not always developers. Don't be rude.

I suggest you look at his very condescending remarks from the Pi-hole thread too. Interestingly he was the guy moderately exactly the issues I asked about !

If you don't know the issues, there is no need to discourage people. We make progress because we seek to improve.