Magicsee N4

• Hello gang, just got a sample of this box, I think is S905X wondering if I can install libreelec dual boot external SD card on this one, what information you need me to obtain from the hardware to know if it can be done? Thanks in advance AZ

• You've been here before - so you should know we are not all mind readers.

If it's S905X then you should be able to follow the AML instructions and see if it boots. - Try different dtb files to suit your box and if it works - great.

BUT, just cos it's 905X means dog poo, because all of the other HW has more of an issue.

Provide FULL details of the FULL H/W and it MIGHT be possible to deduce what is possible.

• Hello gang, just got a sample of this box, I think is S905X wondering if I can install libreelec dual boot external SD card on this one, what information you need me to obtain from the hardware to know if it can be done? Thanks in advance AZ

If installing to SD card, then it doesn't matter if it works or not, as Android will be untouched.

I'd say just go for it with a spare SD card - there's nothing to lose. The S905x dtbs begin with "gxl-p212"

• I didn't post the hardware info because I don't have the full specs yet............................

Product Details

Features

● Android 7.1 operation system

● Amlogic S905X CPU, Cortex-A53, quad-core

● Mali-450 GPU, penta-core, 750MHz

● 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM / 2GB RAM + 8GB ROM

● 4K ultra HD images output

● H.265 decoding, less bandwidth and low consumption

● 2.4GHz WiFi + Bluetooth 4.1

Specification

Brand: Magicsee

Type: TV Box

GPU: Mali-450

System: Android 7.1

CPU: Amlogic S905X

Core: Cortex A53,Quad Core

RAM Type: LPDDR3

Max. Extended Capacity: SD card up to 64GB (not included)

Decoder Format: H.263,H.264,H.265,HD MPEG4

Video format: 4K,H.264,H.265

Audio format: AAC,APE,DDP,FLAC,MP3,OGG,WAV,WMA

Photo Format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,JPG,PNG,TIFF

Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: Yes

5G WiFi: No

Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1

Power Supply: Charge Adapter

Interface: AV,DC Power Port,RJ45,SD Card Slot,SPDIF,USB2.0

Language: Multi-language

DVD Support: No

HDMI Version: 2.0

Other Functions: 3D Games,3D Video,Airplay,ISO Files,Miracast,PAL

External Subtitle Supported: Yes

HDMI Function: HDCP

Power Consumption.: 2W

RJ45 Port Speed: 100Mbps

System Bit: 64Bit

WiFi Chip: SSV6051P

I have Libreelec on dual boot external SD Card but on a MXQ Android 4.4.2 Amlogic S805 but the part that since it is an external SD Card and if it doesn't work it wont hurt the STB if it doesn't work I forgot that detail..........When it comes to Android, Linux IPTV I am no expert I prefer to ask, if its about satellite STB or Turbo system for any car, SUV etc. then it is another story...............Thanks for the help and time.................................AZ