Find missing music files

• Hello

I have the problem, libreelec can‘t find/scan all music files on my server...but I don‘t know which files. I add the music source via nfs share. Libreelec scans about 25000 songs but there must be about 26200 songs. On my pc -also connected via nfs- rhythmbox found the exact amount of files. So I tried different things to check which files libreelec is missing. I tried to save a playlist with all songs and compare with the playlist from rhythmbox. The problem is, that libreelec don‘t export files with special characters like ä, ö, ü etc. but show them in the library. So I don‘t really can compare the lists.

Has someone an idea how I can find out which files are missing?

Thanks for your help!

• Firstly, make sure you music follows the Kodi music structure. Here.

Also - Some music may not be able to be scanned as the tag may be wrong or it could be an unknown recording or an unknown import.

You could try exporting to an XML file in Settings --> Media --> Music Library --> Export Library and see if that works with "special characters"

I'm also pretty sure that when scanning - all non found or rejected music are logged in the kodi.log file.

• Thank you very much. I think my files are tagged correctly. I also tried to export my library...but it was empty (I think kodi only read my tags...but thats ok for me). But the hint with the log was very helpful. I checked the log and there where some errors with wrong rights. After I change the rights the difference is now about 100 files and the log don‘t show errors anymore. I try now to find the last missing files...

• MusicBrainz Picard <= Logs should help you identify problem Albums, then use Picard to ensure files are correctly tagged. It took me a few months of ad-hoc sessions to back-fill proper tagging of a large audio library, but once done I can re-scrape at any time. The lesson learned is that not taking shortcuts and spending time on preparation prior to scraping delivers a consistent and repeatable result.