Copy file to /lib/firmware/brcm

• Hello,

I have Libreelec installed on a ECS Liva Mini, I would like copy a file or write a file to /lib/firmware/brcm.

Currently I have:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cp brcmfmac43241b4-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/
    cp: can't create '/lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43241b4-sdio.txt': Read-only file system

Also, I have

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ls .config/firmware/brcm/
    brcmfmac43241b4-sdio.txt

And nothing on target folders after restart.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ls /lib/firmware/brcm/*.txt
    /lib/firmware/brcm/bcm4329-fullmac-4.txt
    /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4329-sdio.txt
    /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt
    LibreELEC:~ # ls /usr/lib/firmware/brcm/*.txt
    /usr/lib/firmware/brcm/bcm4329-fullmac-4.txt
    /usr/lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4329-sdio.txt
    /usr/lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt

Can you help me?

PS: I have read this thread cannot get wireless/BT to work on ECS LIVA-MINI and I am looking at a way to write my file on /lib/firmware/brcm before recompiling the kernel.

Thanks!

• Wow, thanks for the fast reply.

However, still nothing

Here is the link to dmesg http://ix.io/1jft

Thanks for your help!

• I've recently been looking at brcmfmac sdio firmwares and current code will take firmware *files* that are placed in /storage/.config/firmware and append them to /usr/lib/firmware but it will not take a folder structure, so /storage/.config/firmware/brcm/* will be ignored.

Can you share (pastebin) the .txt file?

• Hello, thanks for all of your answers.

Regarding the file, this is a configuration file with hardcoded MAC address. It is working on Ubuntu and that's why I was trying to reproduce the step with Libreelec.

I'll try a custom build to see if this is working better and will post for other ECS Liva Mini users to use.

Thanks for you support and great work guys!

• So, I tried on 2 different ubuntu (16.04) computers to follow this procedure, but I have a compilation error on both of them.

Would you have any idea?

Thanks