Wi-fi username & password

• Connect the box to Ethernet in the hotel room and then use the wireless hotspot function to connect a laptop or mobile phone to the LE box. You can now use a browser on the laptop/mobile to provide the login details or voucher code to activate the internet connection. Once authenticated you need to keep using Ethernet as the hotel systems recognise the MAC address of the connected device; i.e. If you authenticate over Ethernet and then switch to a wireless connection you'd need to re-auth the connection against the wireless MAC address. It's possible to connect the other way and connect via wireless (to the open Hotel wifi network) and then share the connection over Ethernet, but our GUI doesn't support that so it can only be done using connmanctl via the SSH console.

I carry an older Apple A1rport express in my hotel kit. I connect that to the Ethernet connection in the room and auth once so it's MAC is registered, and then I can join as many devices as I need to my private network which is always in range and more reliable than the hotel wifi.