Miro SD speed affect LE/Kodi performance?

• I have a generic brand(UNIREX) of micro SD card that says it has a speed of 50 mb on it. It's all I have at the moment to test LE install.

Would getting a faster card improve performance?

• Official Post

Hopefully you mean 50MB not 50mb (There IS a difference). If that is the case, it is a high performance card and probably has a large "U" with a 1 in it. There are faster cards available but you wouldn't see any real difference. Stick to what you have got.

• The maximum speed or class (10, UHS, ...) rating is rather meaningless, the important thing is random access performance.

As a rule of thumb stay away from noname / generic brand cards (they can be terribly slow or even utter crap) and go for cards with Class A1 rating.

Here's a recent speed comparison: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/954-sd-card-performance/?do=findcomment&comment=49811

I recently bought a bunch of Sandisk Extreme A1 32GB cards and I'm very happy with them. Samsung EVO are also OK, but with "EVO", "EVO+" and "EVO Plus" (yeah, I have all 3 variants) and different performance of these series I'd just go for Sandisk A1 where the situation is a bit simpler :)

Edit: Oh, and only buy from reputable dealers, there are a lot of fake cards out there.

so long,

Hias

• Yes, MB. I got kind of lazy the keyboard on that one thinking people would know what I mean. I'll just keep using what I got until I conclude the card is at fault--which may be a long time from now. Thanks again guys!