New TVs models whose remote works well with LibreELEC/Kodi

• Hi,

First of all, I posted this question in the Kodi forum, but I thought I'd ask it here as well.

I need feedback from those who have bought new TVs recently and how the remote functions within Kodi. During the past four days I have bought, and returned, two Samsung Smart TVs (4K UHD) because the remote doesn't function properly. On my 4 year old 46 inch Samsung all the keys functioned properly, like when I go into Videos>Addons, and want to access the settings menu of an addon, I would click on the Return button and the context menu would appear. On these two new Samsung's (nu6070, nu7200) the Return button would back you out to the Main screen. No context menu. I created a keymap on the yellow button that brought up the context menu but it was not as easy as clicking the Return button.

Can those who have bought new TVs recently and have no problems with the remote please post what type of TV did you buy? I really would appreciate it. I'm deep in the new TV buying fever (similar to car trading fever).

I run a Pi3 with LE 8.2.5.

Thanks in advance. Smile.

Best regards,

Bob

• Official Post

I think you are being optimistic that TV manufacturers are going to map their controls to Kodi - you need to reverse your mentality and map their controls to what you want. Look at the Kodi addon Keymap editor or buy a "one for all" like the Logitech Harmony.

• I tried the keymap editor, but it didn't help much. And, the Logitech Harmony is rather expensive, IMO. I've rethought my situation and decided to look for a Samsung Smart TV without the 4K UHD functionality (since there's no streaming sources that offer 4K content that I use anyways). 720p is the maximum that I've seen. I ordered another TV (due in Monday) that's pretty much a larger version of what I already have. Just something bigger is all I really wanted.

Thanks for the reply, Iridium. :). I do appreciate it.

Best regards,

Bob