Keyboard doesn´t work properly

• Hi, I'm new on Libreelec and I have a problem.

I already installed Libreelec in my TV Box K12 (S912) with an USB and works fine but I have a problem with my keyboard, I have plug it an USB that controlled my mouse and my keyboard simultoneasly trough 2,4Ghz frecuency, I have Android 7.1.2 in my NAND memory of my TV box and works so good the mouse and keyboard, also in Kody, but in Libreelec the keyboard works like an old mobile phone, only works the numbers and each number has 4 letters, I see surfing on internet that editing the file rc_local located in /etc/init.d I can fix that but I dont have the folder /init.d or the file rc_local.

I dont know how to fix that.

Sorry for my english.

• Official Post

As there are lots of keyboard/mice varieties/models available - we'll need to know the make and model - Also a web URL of the product if available.

Also can you provide a Kodi log (As explained in my signature) and the URL from "dmesg | paste", "lsusb | paste" and "lsmod | paste" as explained Here

• As there are lots of keyboard/mice varieties/models available - we'll need to know the make and model - Also a web URL of the product if available.

Also can you provide a Kodi log (As explained in my signature) and the URL from "dmesg | paste", "lsusb | paste" and "lsmod | paste" as explained Here

The keyboard is a MEDION KG-0902 and the mouse MEDION WUG902, I can only found the product on Ebay: https://www.ebay.pl/itm/medion-kg-0902-funktastatur-und-maus-schwarz-qwertz-deutsche-tastatur-b-ware-/221274706076

I cant get the log files because the server doesn't work.

• The paste error is probably related to a previous version of LE. What version are you running?

Can you do: dmesg > dmesg.txt lsmod > lsmod.txt and lsusb > lsusb.txt and post the output somewhere like pastebin.com

Im running the 8.2 version, I downloaded from here: Index of /s912/8.2/8.2.2.3

I can't understand what you need when you say: "Can you do: dmesg > dmesg.txt lsmod > lsmod.txt and lsusb > lsusb.txt and post the output somewhere like pastebin.com"

• Well it's found something "Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd RG-0618U Wireless HID Receiver & KG-0609 Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad"

Can you explain how all USB devices are plugged in and if using a external HUB whether it is powered on not.

[ 5.487732@3] hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found

[ 5.490544@0] hub 2-0:1.0: config failed, hub doesn't have any ports! (err -19)

Also you mentioned a fix for rc.local - what was it?

• Well it's found something "Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd RG-0618U Wireless HID Receiver & KG-0609 Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad"

Can you explain how all USB devices are plugged in and if using a external HUB whether it is powered on not.

[ 5.487732@3] hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found

[ 5.490544@0] hub 2-0:1.0: config failed, hub doesn't have any ports! (err -19)

Also you mentioned a fix for rc.local - what was it?

I have this TV Box: Bqeel K12 and it only has 2 USB ports so before I only had my USB receiver and a external HDD connected ( And happened the same with the keyboard) . But now I have a few external HDD and I also have the USB where I have my Libreelec installed so now I have in one USB port my Libreelec and for the other port I buyed this hub USB (Zoweetek Hub USB 7 Port) to connect all at the same time but I decide with the buttons "ON, OFF" what is running and what is not, only the USB receiver is always running.

I saw this solution for KODI installed in Raspbian with the same issue like mine:

Code
    For the keyboard to work in dialog boxes:

Add the following line to the file / etc / init.d / rc.local:

chmod 0777 / dev / tty0
  • There's an eventlircd udev rule with the USB id (idVendor=04f2, idProduct=0618) of your wireless HID receiver, so LibreELEC will treat your keyboard/mouse as a remote.

Can you copy /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/98-eventlircd.rules to /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/ and then remove these 3 lines?

Code
    ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="04f2", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="0618", \
      ENV{eventlircd_enable}="true", \
      ENV{eventlircd_evmap}="topseed.evmap"

As an easier alternative to editing the rule you can test with eventlircd disabled, run systemctl mask eventlircd - but note that then IR remotes won't work properly.

Not exactly sure why this udev rule was added about 7 years ago eventlircd: add support for more Chicony and Topseed remotes · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@c73b3bb · GitHub - in OpenELEC 0.99 days - probably the same receiver is/was also used for some wireless remote.

The rule seems to be too unspecific. The receiver registers many input devices, the rule matches all, but should only match the one used for remotes. We'll have to think about the best way to fix that.

so long,

Hias

• Ok - then I'm running out of ideas. Have you set the language correctly in LE config and Kodi and does the keyboard work correctly in ssh?

I'm so sorry for the wait.

First of all, thanks both for the help but thanks so much HiassofT, the solution that you give me works perfectly.

I copied the file you said me and then I removed the 3 lines, I restarted the TV Box and now my keyboard works perfectly with Libreelec, thanks.