General instability with LE 8.2.5?

• Hi there,

I had a RPi3 upgraded from LE 8.2.3 all the way to 8.2.5, on the same SD card. Since the 8.2.5 upgrade, I noticed this version appears less stable than the previous one.

For example, it tends to freeze more often while browsing movies. Only a hard restart solves it.

Sometimes, the TV screen displays a large violet rectangle, Kodi's interface disappears. Same solution.

At other times, it struggles to play a 720p movie: stutters, loses audio-video synchronization. A soft restart usually solves the issue.

And the "Watched" list in the "Movies" pane isn't updated anymore, though the "watched" status is correctly remembered.

The automatic library refresh systematically kicks in at the most inconvenient time, waking up the NAS in the middle of the night.

The combined uptime is about 60 days, CPU temperature is a rather reasonable 65C. I first thought about SD card corruption, but LE system is mounted read-only to avoid corruption during power outages.

Has anyone noticed such an instability before?

I noticed some people did experience issues indexing files, even starting from scratch on a blank SD card. It was usually resolved by re-imaging the SD card.

What could be causing my issue after what looks to be a short uptime?

• If there is hardware that is pretty stable, then it's the Raspberry Pi. SD card corruption is not impossible, but should be far less than from in the early days.

Provide a debug enabled kodi.log file (via pastebin.com or other text upload site), and perhaps we see something odd.