Is there a way to "copy" audio drivers between LE versions?

• Hi guys, sorry for the vague question, Im not sure how to ask it.

I have an S905X box and while using LE 8.2.4.2 on one SD card I am able to passthrough TrueHD and DTS-HD MA tracks without issue. Everything plays great. I also use OpenPHT based on LE 8.2 (OpenPHT-Embedded-S905.arm-8.2-devel-20180408052801-r26548-g3a13cd9) on the same box with a different SD Card so I can access my server in a different location but I cannot play HD audio. Everything else works as passthrough to my receiver except 7.1 tracks. I have the exact same OpenPHT version running on an S905H Wetek Hub and that passes the audio fine also so the issues seems to be specific to the S905X box. Unfortunately the Wetek does not do HDR which is what I want to acheive along with the HD audio so that is why I got the S905X box

So my question is if there is anyway I can transfer the audio support in LE 8.2.4.2 to an earlier version without breaking OpenPHT or is there a way to use the Wetek SD Card and maybe copy the DTB file for the S905X file to it so it will load (currently it will not load).

I tried hacking it by copying the KERNEL from 8.2.4.2 with its md5 file and the SYSTEM from OpenPHT 8.2 and its md5 file but it did not make a difference. It threw up a few errors but still loaded into OpenPHT but the 7.1 audio still will not work.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

• Official Post

I really think your question needs to be asked at OpenPHT as the audio drivers are pre-built into the LE kernel. I guess you could compile OpenPHT using LE drivers but I don't know how.

Is there any reason you need to use OpenPHT as I'm sure there is a Plex add-on that might work.

• Thanks. I could use the Plex for Kodi add-on but the interface is terrible. I don't think there is much support for OpenPHT on the Plex forums anymore so I thought I would ask here since it's based on LE.