Cannot create or restore LE Backup ove SMB share

• Hi,

Running LE wrxtasy latest 905 build from SD card on my Wetek Play 2.

I've setup my shares and I can view and play my media on my windows 7 server over SMB. On the Windows 7 PC all my shares are set to "Full Control".

However, I cannot write to SMB share using the backup/restore settings in the LibreELEC config addon. I cannot restore an already saved backup file either. I have to save backup to local LE (on SD card). I can then use File Manager to copy the local backup to SMB share, but this is time consuming!

I don't understand why I cannot write / read the backup directly from my SMB share?

• Official Post

The LE settings add-on is not integrated into Kodi (only a shortcut in the skin) so it has no ability to natively access SMB share "sources" that you configured in Kodi, e.g. that are visible to the native FileManager. It only supports backup and restore from "local" storage, so removable USB/SD devices or a remote SMB share that has been mounted to a location in the local filesystem. If this is important to you, have a look at the example mount files for smb in /storage/.config/system.d/

• The LE settings add-on is not integrated into Kodi (only a shortcut in the skin) so it has no ability to natively access SMB share "sources" that you configured in Kodi, e.g. that are visible to the native FileManager. It only supports backup and restore from "local" storage, so removable USB/SD devices or a remote SMB share that has been mounted to a location in the local filesystem. If this is important to you, have a look at the example mount files for smb in /storage/.config/system.d/

thanks chewitt ..one day I might well understand this stuff!!!