Last played / recently added movies empty with shared library

• Hi all,

I am using the current stable LibreElec version.

Now I have the need for a second computer running the same LibreElec version. For this reason I decided to use a shared mysql library.

I did a single file backup of my current movie database information.

Via advancedsettings.xml I changed over to a new central mysql server. (link)

Then I successfully imported my previous exported single database backup file.

Everything is working like expected. But the home screen "Movies" on my LibreElec system is empty. No information about recently played / added movies.

Also not if I add a new movie to my movie share --> update library --> still no updates on my home screen. But the database will receive the new movie entries, watched updates, etc... (date added information in database is in range of the default 25days of recently added movies)

So everything seems to work except the information about last played and last added movies...

Any ideas what could be wrong?

This problem exists on both of my LibreElec installed computers... Also the second one which is a complete fresh installation.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Schmidi

Edited 5 times, last by schmidia (June 21, 2018 at 8:57 AM).

• Please note that all connected Kodi clients need to run the same major Kodi version (16,17,18..) to share the same library.

Please share a kodi.log file (via a pastebin website near you) of the non-working Kodi client, and perhaps something stands out.

• Please note that all connected Kodi clients need to run the same major Kodi version (16,17,18..) to share the same library.

Please share a kodi.log file (via a pastebin website near you) of the non-working Kodi client, and perhaps something stands out.

Thanks for your reply. Here is the requested kodi.log file.

I saw some sql errors. But the table definitely exists. Only difference is that the table on the mysql server is in small letters.

But as already mentioned: The import was successfully working and also new movies will be updated in the database.

And also the watched state can be updated.

Only the home screen with last played / added is empty...

Both clients do have the exact same major kodi version and libreelec version.

The option "Wait for Network" is also already enabled...

Code
    ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos107] The table does not exist
  • That's a bit odd. I don't know if MySQL is upper/lowercase aware. What kind of MySQL server do you have running?

You also enabled debugging only after Kodi booted. It's best to have debugging enabled at boot time. Simply reboot Kodi and then submit the new kodi.log.

I am running a standard MySQL server on Windows Server 2016. (Link)

Version: 8.0.11 - MySQL Community Server - GPL

I enabled debug logging, restarted kodi and uploaded a new kodi.log file here.

• Official Post
    Code
    17:32:08.824 T:140380835510016    INFO: MYSQL: Connected to version 8.0.11
    17:32:08.858 T:140380835510016  NOTICE: Running database version MyVideos107

Right now, I can only guess that Microsoft (Server) is being stubborn in creating lowercase-only database names... :cry:

All tables are lowercase by default, so it would be good to see what happens if you could rename the video database to MyVideos107 on your server.

MySQL v8.x is also uncharted territory for me, and Kodi probably. Let's see if others have any bright ideas.

• Code
    17:32:08.824 T:140380835510016    INFO: MYSQL: Connected to version 8.0.11
    17:32:08.858 T:140380835510016  NOTICE: Running database version MyVideos107

Right now, I can only guess that Microsoft (Server) is being stubborn in creating lowercase-only database names... :cry:

All tables are lowercase by default, so it would be good to see what happens if you could rename the video database to MyVideos107 on your server.

MySQL v8.x is also uncharted territory for me, and Kodi probably. Let's see if others have any bright ideas.

I uninstalled now MySQL Server v8.x and installed "5.5.60.1". (with same settings and users like before)

With v5.5.x the information about recently played / added is working again.

Anyone knows which is the latest supported MySQL Server version that can be used together with kodi/libreelec?

EDIT: Ok, it seems that version 5.7.22 is also working!

Edited once, last by schmidia (June 21, 2018 at 8:32 PM).

• All versions of MySQL server are currently supported with no known issues, although only limited MySQL testing is performed so if you're testing a bleeding edge MySQL server you're likely to be on your own. :)

My guess is your database is/was corrupt, or because you had installed the server on Windows there was a problem with case sensitivity (Linux is case sensitive, Windows is not). Best option is to not use Windows...

MySQL :: MySQL 8.0 Reference Manual :: 9.2.2 Identifier Case Sensitivity

• All versions of MySQL server are currently supported with no known issues, although only limited MySQL testing is performed so if you're testing a bleeding edge MySQL server you're likely to be on your own. :)

My guess is your database is/was corrupt, or because you had installed the server on Windows there was a problem with case sensitivity (Linux is case sensitive, Windows is not). Best option is to not use Windows...

MySQL :: MySQL 8.0 Reference Manual :: 9.2.2 Identifier Case Sensitivity

Don't think that the database was corrupt because it was fresh created. One time with import previously exported movie data and one time without. But result in both cases was the same.

Windows is also not the problem because with v5.7 the names are exactly the same. But with the older version the recently information is working with the newer not.

No problem at all, will use v5.7 now.

Just wanted to let others know if they have similar problem.