Using remote database

• Can't figure out how to tell LibreELEC to use the database in my backend. I tried to find it in documentation, but apparently I was looking at wrong places. Clicking around in Settings didn't help, either. Then I logged in over SSH to set it up manually ... there is not even /home directory ...

• So, I want to find this same folder to make use of my advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml.

Logged in as root, via SCP using WinSCP , I cannot find the /storage/.kodi/userdata/. It just doesn't exist.

What am I doing wrong?

• Have no clue. Isn't WinSCP for file transfers? Sounds like a Windows application. I had Windows once. It had BSoD. I think it was year 2003. Anyhow, text files created in Windows are not compatible with Unix text files. You may have better luck logging in over SSH and using vi editor (comes with LibreELEC) to create the files you desire. That's what I did, anyway. I created a new file using vi and pasted the contents from another Kodi frontend.

• Official Post

I cannot find the /storage/.kodi/userdata/. It just doesn't exist.

Please note that folders and files in Linux starting with a dot are hidden folders/files.

In SSH, use ls -al to display all files.

Anyhow, text files created in Windows are not compatible with Unix text files.

Indeed, Windows 10's Notepad is only now getting support for Unix/Linux carriage returns. Wordpad should already support them.

You can also use NotePad++ for storing text files correctly in Linux format.

You may have better luck logging in over SSH and using vi editor (comes with LibreELEC) to create the files you desire.

vi is not for the faint-hearted beginner in Linux. LibreELEC also comes with the more user-friendly nano editor.

• So, I want to find this same folder to make use of my advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml.

Logged in as root, via SCP using WinSCP , I cannot find the /storage/.kodi/userdata/. It just doesn't exist.

What am I doing wrong?

WinSCP works just fine (tested for first time 10 mins ago...)

Just paste "/storage/.kodi/userdata/" on address-field after clicking on the yellow folder icon (on remote connection side!)

You can view/open/edit files directly in WinSCP without any hassle with a proper editor (Nopad++, PSPad, ...), there are many free options available.

No need to mess around with other OS if You are used to Windows!