LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Build RR-20190826-b37a3e6 | uploaded for Generic & RPi2 | Index of /nightly/

I finally found some time to show some love for the RPi2/3 builds to investigate & fix a SDL2 bug which leads to an Emulationstation crash once you've quitted Retroarch. So overall performance should improve with batched rendering introduced by v2.0.10 & the SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG_FILE envar should now allow to directly load controller configs provided by SDL-GameControllerDB.

• I'm using:

LE 9.1 | Kodi 18.2 builds

and so I am stuck on the old build: RR-20190423-716b9f8

No updates show up in custom channel. It looks like I need to update to LE 9.8 / 18.3 -- how can I do this without re-installing? Should I update using the Kodi update channel?

• I'm using:

LE 9.1 | Kodi 18.2 builds

and so I am stuck on the old build: RR-20190423-716b9f8

No updates show up in custom channel. It looks like I need to update to LE 9.8 / 18.3 -- how can I do this without re-installing? Should I update using the Kodi update channel?

Download the file above and put it in the update map.

• Download the file above and put it in the update map.

UPDATE: I figured it out, I put the update file (.img.gz) into /storage/.update and rebooted

Sorry, which file? I don't see any links or attachments. If you could describe what the file is, I could try finding it myself?

Edited once, last by TheChuckster (August 31, 2019 at 11:51 PM).

• 5schatten how to get in your chrome addon proper auto framerate switching like kodi.

For i.e watching netflix in chrome is always 60hz.

Is there a solution for this cause i can’t find any setting for the chrome addon.

Is it an idea to setup chrome properly in your rr-config addon like spotify?

• Build RR-20190901-0f0c6b8 | uploaded for Generic & RPi2 | Index of /nightly/

• updated to latest LE 9.80
    • updated Kodi to 18.4-Leia
    • updated Generic & RPi Linux kernel to 5.2.11
    • reworked graphic system to use GLVND for multiple OpenGL vendors
    • updated Nvidia driver to 435.21
    • updated Vulkan to v1.1.121
    • updated Retroarch to 1.7.8 (v2)
    • updated Skyscraper to 3.2.8
    • updated libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin
    • updated PCSX2 image to v1.0.4

This build uses GitHub - NVIDIA/libglvnd: The GL Vendor-Neutral Dispatch library to dispatch OpenGL API calls between multiple vendors which is necessary for the recent Nvidia driver 435.21. It was tested with Intel systems which use Intel IGP & a system that uses a GTX 1060 card. I have no system which would use the Nvidia-legacy driver 340.107 for series 500 cards and older so this hasn't been tested yet.

• 5schatten how to get in your chrome addon proper auto framerate switching like kodi.

For i.e watching netflix in chrome is always 60hz.

Is there a solution for this cause i can’t find any setting for the chrome addon.

Is it an idea to setup chrome properly in your rr-config addon like spotify?

I don't think that this is possible. Use the Netflix addon for Kodi if you need proper refresh rate switching.

• It was tested with Intel systems which use Intel IGP & a system that uses a GTX 1060 card. I have no system which would use the Nvidia-legacy driver 340.107 for series 500 cards and older so this hasn't been tested yet.

5schatten I did test it with a Nvidia geforce 8400gs card, this card did work with your stable version, using the 340.107 driver.

After upgrading to version RR-20190901 the system does not show the splash screen, and does not show the GUI.

I can see the mouse cursor, but the screen stays black. Then the system goes into an endless bootloop.

Logfiles are attached.: logfiles.zip

Edited once, last by Meganiekje: typo (September 2, 2019 at 12:25 PM).

• 5schatten : I did test the RR-20190901 version on a AMD RV710 (hd4570) and it seems O.K. The screen tearing in the chrome browser is not yet fixed by default. (The Xorg.conf trick does work to fix the tearing)

On a Intel SandyBridge mobile (HD3000) GPU, I was unable to start the chrome browser. I get a message about installing Chrome, but the browser does not start. Please tell me what you need to get more info.

Kodi seems to work o.k. on the HD3000.

• 5schatten I did test it with a Nvidia geforce 8400gs card, this card did work with your stable version, using the 340.107 driver.

After upgrading to version RR-20190901 the system does not show the splash screen, and does not show the GUI.

I can see the mouse cursor, but the screen stays black. Then the system goes into an endless bootloop.

Logfiles are attached.: logfiles.zip

well can you run glxgears in a terminal? and can you post the output of glxinfo | paste

The problem is that Nvidia uses vendor blobs which will only work with a script that creates symlinks to specific drivers at boot. Normally the legacy-driver should be picked up by Kodi afterwards.

5schatten : I did test the RR-20190901 version on a AMD RV710 (hd4570) and it seems O.K. The screen tearing in the chrome browser is not yet fixed by default. (The Xorg.conf trick does work to fix the tearing)

On a Intel SandyBridge mobile (HD3000) GPU, I was unable to start the chrome browser. I get a message about installing Chrome, but the browser does not start. Please tell me what you need to get more info.

Kodi seems to work o.k. on the HD3000.

If the browser does not start just post the logfiles. I could fix the tearing at the default Xorg.conf but I'm not sure if this will break other legacy hardware configs. In the end I'm not building a simple SBC image but rather a image that has to run on countless hardware configs...

• 5schatten

I have been working on and off at getting SteamOS to work.

I managed to get Xorg GUI applications running inside Docker. Here is xeyes:

64145185-9480c400-cdcc-11e9-89d0-d088bb6aee2d.png

I also submitted a Pull Request to update Docker to the newest 19.x version because it supports NVIDIA GPUs without using nvidia-docker. Just needed to tweak a patch. Maybe I also have to update the `PKG_REV`? Feel free to comment/merge if everything looks good to you!

• 5schatten

I have been working on and off at getting SteamOS to work.

I managed to get Xorg GUI applications running inside Docker. Here is xeyes:

64145185-9480c400-cdcc-11e9-89d0-d088bb6aee2d.png

I also submitted a Pull Request to update Docker to the newest 19.x version because it supports NVIDIA GPUs without using nvidia-docker. Just needed to tweak a patch. Maybe I also have to update the `PKG_REV`? Feel free to comment/merge if everything looks good to you!

Check out docker: updated 19.03.1 / bumped dependencies by 5schatten · Pull Request #3789 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

• If the browser does not start just post the logfiles. I could fix the tearing at the default Xorg.conf but I'm not sure if this will break other legacy hardware configs.

5schatten: I did a full kodi 'hard reset' to make sure that the chrome browser start problem is not in my config.

here is the logfile: kodi.log

I think it is not wise to fix the tearing in the default Xorg.conf, you need to get this exacly right for the used GPU otherwise the system will not boot. You could make some sort of 'switch' to select which Xorg.conf to use to fix the tearing ?