LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• The keyboard issue is related to Retroarch -> needs to fixed by them
    [Linux] [Regression] Keyboard keycodes no longer take into account keyboard layout · Issue #8303 · libretro/RetroArch · GitHub

(Linux) Internationalized-Keyboards issues (tested x11/sdl) · Issue #8042 · libretro/RetroArch · GitHub

About the sound problem well it looks like it always sets back the volume to 44% no matter what you do. My scripts don't touch ALSA volume in any way so have you tried a clean install i.e. to an usb-drive to make sure it's not related to some quirks?

• Hi, in topic of keyboards, after an incident some years ago I got several problems to my hands. In the current situation I am way more comfortable typing on my phone than on a keyboard. For my others Linux pcs I use unified remote android app and it works fine. I got the server running on libreelec and with it I can use the mouse fine. The keyboard is almost working but it has an issue: while all the keys seems fine (eg I can type and send alt+esc to exit emulators) but if I try special chars like "@" it completely ignores them. This is a major issue in Chrome and spotify since there isn't an OSK and I can't even login. Do you know an alternative working app for remote keyboard and mouse? Can I help providing some logs? Which one do you need? Thanks for the patience.

Well did you consider a wrong layout? The @ sign might be located at a completely different position?

• The keyboard issue is related to Retroarch -> needs to fixed by them
    [Linux] [Regression] Keyboard keycodes no longer take into account keyboard layout · Issue #8303 · libretro/RetroArch · GitHub

(Linux) Internationalized-Keyboards issues (tested x11/sdl) · Issue #8042 · libretro/RetroArch · GitHub

About the sound problem well it looks like it always sets back the volume to 44% no matter what you do. My scripts don't touch ALSA volume in any way so have you tried a clean install i.e. to an usb-drive to make sure it's not related to some quirks?

Well, I made a clean install with your release a few days after my first post on this thread (maybe less than 2 months) and on it I just copied the addon_data dirs related to the most important addons I had installed on official libreelec (amazon, netflix and tvheadend server) just to save my configurations and data.

All the emulation stuff is clean install of your release and the only things I modified are es config file and retroarch config file (after the last tests I tried to modify dolphin to set the volume).

So... I think the best way for me is to compare these three config files with the originals of your github. Isn't it so?

Really I would like to avoid reinstall it all again. Sure, I can test from a USB stick as you said too, but I think in the end I should compare those files to find out what's wrong.

I'll give feedback of what I'll find.

Thank you again

• Well did you consider a wrong layout? The @ sign might be located at a completely different position?

Yes and it's not wrong layout and it's not a problem only with @ but with all symbols that aren't lecters (/#&...) but periods and commas work.

• Yes and it's not wrong layout and it's not a problem only with @ but with all symbols that aren't lecters (/#&...) but periods and commas work.

Well a # is a regular sign while / or & need a keyboard shortcut. So I guess you have to figure out how shift & alt-gr can be executed properly :/ Anyway don't expect to much since the underlaying system does not support NLS for example.

• Non of my config files or scripts ever touched the ALSA volume so I suspect some malconfigured addon or leftover causes this. The only thing that is configured is the PulseAudio volume & only temporary. Since nobody else ever reported a similar issue I tend to expect it's not related to my build.

But to make sure it's not some weird quirk grab an usb-drive install the latest build and check if still the volume drops when you launch RA since this should start out-of-the box.

• Installed 20190305-fed2e29 today on a nuc baseboard d33217ck and having audio issues. Audio works fine in kodi, but i cannot set the audio device in rr-config. also .config/asound.conf is not being generated.

http://ix.io/1fti

Edited 3 times, last by gsky (April 11, 2019 at 10:18 AM).

• Installed 20190305-fed2e29 today on a nuc baseboard d33217ck and having audio issues. Audio works fine in kodi, but i cannot set the audio device in rr-config. also .config/asound.conf is not being generated.

http://ix.io/1fti

Well the Kodi debug log is somewhat useless if the problem is not Kodi specific. You can't select hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 in the rr-config tool? Because this is pretty much a standard output. Anyway upload a complete log zip.

• Well the Kodi debug log is somewhat useless if the problem is not Kodi specific.

I suspected it was kodi specific due to this line:

ERROR: RunAddon: unknown add-on id 'service.rr-config-tool', or unexpected add-on type (not a script or plugin).

I didn't see anything else relevant in any of the other logs.

You can't select hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 in the rr-config tool?

Correct. When i try to select an output device nothing happens. All i can change is the backend settings.

Because this is pretty much a standard output.

Understood, when I run /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.rr-config-tool/bin/rr-config-tool.start manually, i was able to generate a .config/asound.conf and got sound. Also without selecting an output, pulse backend occasionaly (rarely) works if I autodetect.

Anyway upload a complete log zip.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1akvpusntwlo85b68r45-tcpnkrg2cjt6/view?usp=sharing

Edited once, last by gsky (April 11, 2019 at 3:56 PM).

• So what did you actually do? You open the addon then select the field "Select audio device" and press enter? Then happens nothing?

• You use a quite old build? Have you tried a recent version?

20190305-fed2e29, which comes from the download link on the first page. I could not find the download link for the latest build, so I assumed you first installed this version and updated to the latest (which I have not done).

• 20190305-fed2e29, which comes from the download link on the first page. I could not find the download link for the latest build, so I assumed you first installed this version and updated to the latest (which I have not done).

Follow the step as described in the first post & setup the update tool in libreelec settings.

Has the Kodi audio problem on HDMI been resolved? Audio on SPDIF works but I really need HDMI too.

Which Kodi audio problem in particular? The only problem I'm aware of is the faulty Nvidia 415.x/418.x series which screws audio output & that's solely Nvidias fault /shrug

• Follow the step as described in the first post & setup the update tool in libreelec settings.

Which Kodi audio problem in particular? The only problem I'm aware of is the faulty Nvidia 415.x/418.x series which screws audio output & that's solely Nvidias fault /shrug

I only saw some posts about no audio after an update some weeks ago. I used only SPDIF at the time. Now I was going to watch a Blu-ray and needed HDMI. But there was no audio. Before that mentioned update HDMI audio worked perfectly. I run LE on Intel without nVidia or AMD GPU. Do I have to adjust the asound.conf like I had to earlier thus winter?

• I only saw some posts about no audio after an update some weeks ago. I used only SPDIF at the time. Now I was going to watch a Blu-ray and needed HDMI. But there was no audio. Before that mentioned update HDMI audio worked perfectly. I run LE on Intel without nVidia or AMD GPU. Do I have to adjust the asound.conf like I had to earlier thus winter?

Well if you use a recent Kernel 5.x build -> read the FAQ /shrug

• Follow the step as described in the first post & setup the update tool in libreelec settings.

No difference w/ reinstall of build 20190305-fed2e29 and immediate update to latest build 20190404-1cc7fad.

Edited 3 times, last by gsky (April 11, 2019 at 11:58 PM).