LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• 5schatten I'd like to bring up one more thing to discuss.

I spent like a day to figure out why my audio is out of sync with video, delay is ~200ms (at some point I figured out it's actually 175ms, *sigh*)

This happens only when "Adjust display refresh rate" is enabled, so I'm guessing that's why we don't really have a lot of complaints. This was not the case in escalade's build.

I found a solution online to create advancedsettings.xml with some settings, tho I didn't like this approach so I decided to ask this question at Kodi forum. Mr fritsch pointed me to check advancedsettings.xml, I was sure the file was not created......I was wrong *sigh* . It's actually packaged.....in here "/usr/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml" .

Then I was wondering why escalade's build was ok, and I found this . Apparently this audio delay fix is obsolete and now it causes this issue.

Do you think it's worth to merge the escalade's commit or at least give some notes at the first page. Thanks

• how did you build a docker image with LibreELEC and all dependencies? I've been trying to find this for awhile, so far found zero informations in LibreELEC docs.. ?(

Well it's an Arch image for PCSX2 not for any other purpose. If you want to use a Docker image for building purposes then you should have a look at:

LE8 "Remix" (Generic/RPi) Emulationstation/Chrome/Spotify (read the first post before posting) (at the bottom of the post)
    Docker Hub
    Docker Hub

Escalade used to provide some build images but I don't know if they are still suitable for LE 9.x. but since he tries to build a XU4 image at the time I guess he still uses this image. You can check here LibreELEC.tv/checkdeps at libreelec-9.x-rr · 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub if any dependency is missing.

You have to consider that escalades build was LE 8.2.x + Kodi 17.6 and mine is based on LE 9.x + Kodi 18.1 so they have not that much in common anymore. Also the question is if this fix isn't needed anymore why is it still in place? Anyway this is not build specific but something vanilla LE should take a closer look at. I asked in the dev channel for more details about it.

I use the variable refresh rate on all of my systems so ARM & Intel based systems and some with AVR and had no problems as far as is can tell.

But I'm pretty sure this could be resolved by manually creating the advancedsettings.xml file and adjust the rate to your display.

advancedsettings.xml - Official Kodi Wiki
    Userdata - Official Kodi Wiki

The delay should only be valid for media with 23,xx Hz fps & so I guess you could also set this to zero as workaround.

• I think I had a bit of success. It works if I enter systemctl start storage-roms-ps2.mount so it obviously fails to activate the mount file during the boot process. I think this line Before=kodi.service in the [Unit] part might be the issue but just removing it didnt bring the solution.

Any ideas?

Edit:

log-2019-03-27-11.00.28.zip

Edited once, last by Kupo91 (March 27, 2019 at 11:00 AM).

• I think I had a bit of success. It works if I enter systemctl start storage-roms-ps2.mount so it obviously fails to activate the mount file during the boot process. I think this line Before=kodi.service in the [Unit] part might be the issue but just removing it didnt bring the solution.

Any ideas?

Edit:

This template works fine. I don't know if Kodi handles the mount of media files so it could be possible that it does not work if it tries to mount it before Kodi is up and running. Anway your log file blamed a missing or wrong path so I think the problems lies somewhere else. :/
    [Unit]

But if Kodi handles the mount process then your sd card is not available before Kodi is running so this could do the trick:

Code
    [Unit]
    Description=SD-Card for Roms
    Requires=kodi.service
    After=kodi.service
    [Mount]

Any ideas?

Edit:

Try replacing Before=kodi.service with After=kodi.service . Since you don't mount the block device itself but an already mounted one, probably your mount service try to mount before the actual device is mounted. If even this isn't working try to add Type=bind to your [Mount] section in the systemd mount file.

• After=kodi.service and Type=bind unfortunatelly didnt work for me but the autostart.sh file did. Finally I can remove this annoying point from my to-do-list. Thanks to both of you :)

• You have to consider that escalades build was LE 8.2.x + Kodi 17.6 and mine is based on LE 9.x + Kodi 18.1 so they have not that much in common anymore. Also the question is if this fix isn't needed anymore why is it still in place?

There's tons of stuff still in place that isn't needed anymore :)

This specific hack has been around since the OE days, it got obsoleted after haswell generation managed to do 23.976 fps correctly.

• Well it's an Arch image for PCSX2 not for any other purpose. If you want to use a Docker image for building purposes then you should have a look at

ah, I see. No, what I meant is to build a docker image with LibreELEC to test stuff, not the opposite :S . So let's say I'd like to bundle my own package to LibreELEC build and I also want test it. It's kinda time consuming to deploy the image to a device after each compile procedure, would be cool to make docker image instead to plug the image with docker and test a package right away.

You have to consider that escalades build was LE 8.2.x + Kodi 17.6 and mine is based on LE 9.x + Kodi 18.1

Yeap, I do keep in mind that. In fact, first thing I was checking is Kodi as there's different major version, but my search brought me to what I've shared.

I use the variable refresh rate on all of my systems so ARM & Intel based systems and some with AVR and had no problems as far as is can tell.

So, you're saying you have this enabled on your x86_64, and you don't experience any audio delay for 23-24 Hz media? :/

Edited 2 times, last by rooty (March 27, 2019 at 7:30 PM).

• Build RR-20190326-8c1b004 is online

• fixed duplicated bluetooth devices in LibreELEC-settings
    • updated to latest LE 9.x
    • upgraded Generic kernel to 5.0.4 / RPi kernel to 5.0.3
    • updated LLVM to 8.0.0
    • updated nvidia driver to 418.56
    • updated xf86-video-amdgpu & ati to 19.0.1
    • updated Vulkan headers to 1.1.103
    • updated Skyscraper to v3.1.4
    • updated GameOS Pegasus theme -> now works with assets scraped for ES
    • dropped "common" Retroarch shaders -> only work with Cg which is not supported
    • added xkbcommon to Retroarch dependencies -> maybe fixes wrong keyboard layout
    • reworked PCSX2 start scripts & updated PCSX2 Docker image -> PCSX2 now pulls specific image versions and not the "latest"
    • fixed PCSX2 on Nvidia based systems -> should run on GPUs supported by driver 418.56 (GeForce 600 series & newer)
    • added libretro-snes9x to all builds -> might does not run all games (Super-FX) full speed on ARM devices but offers higher accuracy
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin

If your sound output is missing on newer Intel systems then enter this in a terminal:

Code
    echo "blacklist snd_soc_skl" >>/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

This is basically a Kernel problem introduced by the new ASoC Platform Driver and needs to be resolved by further Kernel updates /shrug

After the update from RR-20190314 to this one, the audio stop working in kodi.

Kodi log :

• I use the display port (dp-1) for video and hdm1(display port) for audio(alsa hda Nvidia,onk av receiver) on RR-20190314. And the same setting for the 20190326

Why connector 1 and not 0 so the first device in the list. Upload a screenshot of your audio output device list in Kodi.