LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Hey 5schatten, do you think it will be hard to implement dm-crypt into LibreELEC RR? Pretty much this is the only thing which prevents me from switching my current dist to LibreELEC RR :cry:

Well I've talked about that with sky42 in the past and he provided some patches in his git repo. I have only basic knowledge about that topic but it could be possible to implement that with some help & beta testing :/

• Build RR-20190308-82b98b0 is online

• added PulseAudio volume control for emulators & frontends -> use the slider in the RR Config audio section to adjust it to your needs
    • updated to latest LE 9.x
    • upgraded Generic & RPi kernel to 4.19.27
    • updated to mesa-19.0.0-rc7
    • updated vulkan to 1.1.102
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin

If you run into problems use build 604e2e4 which does not support PulseAudio volume control.

• Hi

I got a ps3 bluetooth keyboard CECH-ZKB1FR.

I want to pair it with my s905x box running your libreelec version.

I paired it using the integrated libreelec ui in KODI but it's not working after pairing, I got an error message "bluetooth error - operation not permitted", the keyboard shutdown on his own, and now when I put it on it shutdown few seconds later.

FIY I tried to pair it on a Windows 10 PC and it worked fine there.

Are the provided log enough to diagnose?

Are there command-line tools to debug or pair it succesfully?

• Hmm it's worse, I tried to pair a 8bit do FC30 pro, I got the same "bluetooth error - operation not permitted", the pad acted like it was paired (led blinking slowly) but it was not usable in kodi ui or detected in ES.

Now I rebooted the box, there is a message "bluetooth is disabled" in the bluetooth ui, so I disabled/enabled bluetooth service, now I have "no bluetooth adapter detected"

My BT is broken :/

• Do you own any other Linux based system with a recent kernel where you could try to connect the keyboard? I only found old threads and all had the same problem with no solution. If the keyboard needs a certain & recent kernel driver you can't use it right now because atm S905 based system use a fully outdated kernel 3.14.29 and so I doubt there will be a solution right now.

Debian User Forums • View topic - Bluetooth bug : Failed to pair

Kein Pairing mit Bluetooth Tastatur / (kein?) blocked bluetooth

• Probably a reboot? Normally you should be able to pair devices afterwards.

Ok after 2 reboots BT worked again, but as I said before I have exactly the same problem with my 8bitdo FC30 pro,

"bluetooth error - operation not permitted" after pairing, the pad acted like it was paired (led blinking slowly) but it was not usable in kodi ui or detected in ES.

If I off/on the pad, it's pairing for a few seconds and then disconnect, just like the keyboard.

This pad was working on this box few months ago, I think it's not an issue with keyboard ater all but BT is now completely unusable on my s905x.

• Ok after 2 reboots BT worked again, but as I said before I have exactly the same problem with my 8bitdo FC30 pro,

"bluetooth error - operation not permitted" after pairing, the pad acted like it was paired (led blinking slowly) but it was not usable in kodi ui or detected in ES.

This pad was working on this box few months ago, I think BT is completely unusable now

Delete the controller from the list from the menu & pair it again. Also use the switch mode if there's one, this worked flawless for me.

• Delete the controller from the list from the menu & pair it again. Also use the switch mode if there's one, this worked flawless for me.

I deleted the controller and paired it again, same issue, I tried to pair it in switch mode, same issue, each time with "bluetooth error - operation not permitted" just after pairing.

• No PCSX2 just doesn't run with nvidia drivers as docker image for whatever reasons. Maybe it's a PCSX2 config thing but since I don't use any nvidia cards in my htpc stuff I did not look into it.

Looks like I have the same issue. PCSX2 starts but complains the GS plugin failed. I've tried every option. I also have an nvidia card... If anyone comes up with an answer let me know. Thanks. :thumbup:

• Alucard I just wondered if you also get this notification if you start a PS2 game via emulationstation or any other frontend?

"CDVD plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers. Press OK to go to the Plugin Configuration Panel."

If not, which plugings did you select in pcsx2 settings? Since you have the same NUC as me this should also work for me then

No idea I never tried...

But for me trying PS2 emulation on J5005 is a waste of time...even on windows...gemini lake won't be capable of playing PS2 games correctly.

For me best we can emulate with that CPU is PSP and Dolphin for some games: no way we can emulate the most difficult games like rogue squadron...but a good old mario kart double dash shoudl be ok.

CPU is more or less equivalent to a non overclocked Core 2 quad Q6600 and GPU more or less equivalent to a good old 8600 GTS but with bad intel drivers...hence a gamer configuration of 2008 with shitty drivers...

• No idea I never tried...

But for me trying PS2 emulation on J5005 is a waste of time...even on windows...gemini lake won't be capable of playing PS2 games correctly.

For me best we can emulate with that CPU is PSP and Dolphin for some games: no way we can emulate the most difficult games like rogue squadron...but a good old mario kart double dash shoudl be ok.

CPU is more or less equivalent to a non overclocked Core 2 quad Q6600 and GPU more or less equivalent to a good old 8600 GTS but with bad intel drivers...hence a gamer configuration of 2008 with shitty drivers...

Ah okay I thought you tested it. You are probably right most ps2 games wont run properly. However I tested one or two games which seemed to be playable. Atleast in the first 10 minutes I had no lags.

• Build RR-20190308-82b98b0 is online

• added PulseAudio volume control for emulators & frontends -> use the slider in the RR Config audio section to adjust it to your needs
    • updated to latest LE 9.x
    • upgraded Generic & RPi kernel to 4.19.27
    • updated to mesa-19.0.0-rc7
    • updated vulkan to 1.1.102
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin

If you run into problems use build 604e2e4 which does not support PulseAudio volume control.

I update from LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-RR-201906-75729a1 to this one, no audio in kodi,

After the downgrade to : LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-RR-201906-75729a1 it's working again.