LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Regarding the J5005 I have one and I can confirm it allows you to run Beetle-PSX perfectly fine (tested with multiple games: Broken Sword 2, FF9, Symphony of the Night, Crash Team Racing, Suikoden...) and is light miles ahead of PCSX-ReARMed in terms of accuracy.

On what internal resolution do you play?

Well what does the Dolphin logfile say if it doesn't come up?

My dolphin logfile is empty. I have looked for an logging option that I have to enable but couldnt find anything. Did I miss something? However since rcb doesnt start it, shouldnt it be in the kodi logfiles? I just attached them. log-2019-03-04-13.07.38.zip

Beside RCB I guess that won't be possible since you're still starting a third party program. Also Kodi is only muted and runs in the background, so it probably still reacts on inputs. As I said there's reason why Retroplayer was invented or Kodi is shutdown otherwise. How should RCB run programs normally? What does it's documentation say about starting prgrams while Kodi is active?

Do you mean this by saying documentation? There is something about solo modes and using popen. Maybe this is an option? However since coming back to rcb after playing works fine with the "retroarch" file I thought its maybe just a command that I have to add in your *.start scripts

• On what internal resolution do you play?

x1 on beetle psx software. I think I tried to go higher at some point without much slowdown but from what I remember it activated the GPU and I had graphical gitches in some games (CTR in particular)...so x1 software all the way for me: good accuracy, good performances ==> PSX as in the 90s.

Note that I'm not talking about RR version but regular libreelec 18 with retroarch and beetle psx installed...but beetle psx is the same piece of software in the end...

Edited 3 times, last by Alucard (March 4, 2019 at 2:15 PM).

• x1 on beetle psx software. I think I tried to go higher at some point without much slowdown but from what I remember it activated the GPU and I had graphical gitches in some games (CTR in particular)...so x1 software all the way for me: good accuracy, good performances ==> PSX as in the 90s.

Note that I'm not talking about RR version but regular libreelec 18 with retroarch and beetle psx installed...but beetle psx is the same piece of software in the end...

Regular LibreELEC 9.x comes with Retroplayer not Retroarch but basically it uses the same API and cores. Or did you use any stuff like Gamestarter?

• Regular LibreELEC 9.x comes with Retroplayer not Retroarch. Or did you use any stuff like Gamestarter

My bad, I meant retroplayer.

In any case my point was just to say that the gemini lake CPUs are actually not that bad if you want good emulation untill dreamcast (that a raspberry pi 3 or a weaker CPU won't provide...).

For a little bit more high end emulation results (but on windows...be carefull with intel drivers perfs on linux compared to windows...) see below video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Alucard (March 4, 2019 at 3:18 PM).

• Regarding the J5005 I have one and I can confirm it allows you to run Beetle-PSX perfectly fine (tested with multiple games: Broken Sword 2, FF9, Symphony of the Night, Crash Team Racing, Suikoden...) and is light miles ahead of PCSX-ReARMed in terms of accuracy.

Hi,

I am going to buy one J5005 board. so i want to confirm before buy it.

1) how about MAME, is it smooth, and which version?

2) in some other thread, they said there is some display error on the menu, or some video. the error is at the top of the screen or under. do you see this problem? is it ok for video playback?

Very Thanks.

* this is the link about the video problem

LE 8.2.5 with UHD 630 / Coffee Lake / Gemini Lake support and luks

Edited once, last by real_cyma (March 5, 2019 at 3:49 AM).

• Hi,

The latest RR build (20190221) has an issue with w1-gpio support. My .config/autostart.sh contains the following commands:

dtoverlay w1-gpio gpiopin=4

modprobe w1-gpio

modprobe w1-therm

In this build loading w1-gpio module fails with the following errors:

[ 6.854425] w1-gpio onewire@4: prop pinctrl-0 index 0 invalid phandle

[ 6.854453] w1-gpio: probe of onewire@4 failed with error -22

• The issue is still there: there is a "colored line" glitch on top of the screen that appears from time to time (not a big deal but annoying). Still no fix for now unfortunatly...

Regarding mame I didn't test. I only tested the following plateforms:

-Snes

-PC engine

-PSX

-GBA

-Genesis/Megadrive

Only emulator that I found was too much for little J5005 was the BSNES accuracy in some games (seiken desentsu 3), bsnes balanced works perfectly on the other hand.

Edited once, last by Alucard (March 5, 2019 at 9:12 AM).

• real_cyma

My generic builds come with MAME 2003 Plus & MAME 2016 also FB Alpha so I guess bascially all important roms are covered in one way or another.

About BSNES I've added the balanced core to my build if it's suitable, but snes9x is also included.

• Add dtoverlay=w1-gpio,gpiopin=4 to config.txt instead of using the dtoverlay command in autostart.sh if this still fails upload a full dmesg log.

• Add dtoverlay=w1-gpio,gpiopin=4 to config.txt instead of using the dtoverlay command in autostart.sh if this still fails upload a full dmesg log.

But I've already checked the dtoverlay -l output, its output was the one expected under the circumstances:

rpi:~ # dtoverlay -l

Overlays (in load order):

0:  w1-gpio  gpiopin=4

• But I've already checked the dtoverlay -l output, its output was the one expected under the circumstances:

rpi:~ # dtoverlay -l

Overlays (in load order):

0:  w1-gpio  gpiopin=4

Did try it? If not do it otherwise post a full dmesg log.

You're right, passing this option through config.txt fixes the problem, thanks!

However, IMHO support for dtoverlay command should be fixed in a future release.

• My dolphin logfile is empty. I have looked for an logging option that I have to enable but couldnt find anything. Did I miss something? However since rcb doesnt start it, shouldnt it be in the kodi logfiles? I just attached them. log-2019-03-04-13.07.38.zip

Do you mean this by saying documentation? There is something about solo modes and using popen. Maybe this is an option? However since coming back to rcb after playing works fine with the "retroarch" file I thought its maybe just a command that I have to add in your *.start scripts

I just noticed that when I created that logfile the path to dolphin.start in my rcb config file was incorrect. Here is another logfile that hopefully shows my issue. log-2019-03-05-18.11.44.zip

Alucard since you are using the same NUC and the same build like me I wondered if you also experienced that sometimes the NUC stucks in bootscreen?

• I just noticed that when I created that logfile the path to dolphin.start in my rcb config file was incorrect. Here is another logfile that hopefully shows my issue. log-2019-03-05-18.11.44.zip

Alucard since you are using the same NUC and the same build like me I wondered if you also experienced that sometimes the NUC stucks in bootscreen?

So far no I never had this issue.

I have the infamous J5005 colored glitch in kodi interface...but that's pretty much it.

• I just noticed that when I created that logfile the path to dolphin.start in my rcb config file was incorrect. Here is another logfile that hopefully shows my issue. log-2019-03-05-18.11.44.zip

Well if you provide logs -> reboot the system once the try out what should work but doesn't and grab the log package ;) otherwise it's a pain in the @$$ to figure out what's wrong.

I didn't find anything in particular why it does not run so can you start LE, log into a terminal and run the script which you want to use by hand and see if it starts fine? If it does RCB starts the script in a wrong way.:/

• Well if you provide logs -> reboot the system once the try out what should work but doesn't and grab the log package ;) otherwise it's a pain in the @$$ to figure out what's wrong.

I didn't find anything in particular why it does not run so can you start LE, log into a terminal and run the script which you want to use by hand and see if it starts fine? If it does RCB starts the script in a wrong way.:/

I started debug logging in system settings, rebooted, opened and closed ppsspp via rcb to show you that I end up in kodi main menu instead of rcb after closing ppsspp, then tried to opened a wii game, failed, turned off debug logging and uploaded the log files.

Starting the script via putty works.

So far no I never had this issue.

I have the infamous J5005 colored glitch in kodi interface...but that's pretty much it.

Ah okay.. wondering why my NUC is doing this so often..

Ye I have this glitch too