LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Do you also have a reicast core with you? Redream works fine and reicast does not work at all. I tried to load the core by retroarch and it can not be loaded, all the others work and the one does not.

• Hi All, bit of a linux noob here. How do I get my /flash drive to be larger than the automatic 512? It never prompts me anywhere during the installation to change it and I haven't found a way to re-size it after the fact. Any help would be most appreciated

Make a fresh install. This is only a problem if you come from regular LE.

I have the same issue, no sound on my video previews on emulationstation. I use this distro only for retrogaming. I'll keen an eye on this topic for a solution.

Set the Audiobackend to PulseAudio. If this doesn't work you're screwed at the moment since PA doesn't sets up config correct.

Do you also have a reicast core with you? Redream works fine and reicast does not work at all. I tried to load the core by retroarch and it can not be loaded, all the others work and the one does not.

No logs - no problem. And I won't include closed source emulators as stated before. They are often linked against old stuff and won't work anyway. If you want to use redream just copy & paste a start script change it to run a redream and add it to es_system.cfg. Or read again the reicast faq or post some logs....

• 5schatten

Your new makemkv build doesn't work in standard libreelec 9

part-crashlog.log

This is a part of the crashlog from kodi, full file is to big to upload

Funny thing is that the previous version works without any problems.

I used that one and changed the line number from the update script and it works fine.

I ex-amend all the files inside the archive and they appear to be the same, don't understand what is going on

• You probably have to deinstall the old version first because I changed back to package revision versioning instead of the actual makemkv version.

Since milhouse did a great job and implemented multithreaded building ATM my main priority is to get that up and running & implement an update channel to avoid sideloading. So fixing other stuff is a bit stalled right now /shrug

• 5schatten

I did uninstall the previous version, it doesn't work

Well have to ask some Kodi devs what it means in particular. It's quite possible that it fails to run because I rebuild the package on a newer system version. Basically all devel libs were updated -> so probably the new versions only runs on LE 9.1

Do you run vanilla LE or one of my builds? If you use a RR build then check out the start post on page 1 point VI. Installation -> setup the update channel and install this build, re-run makemkv and see if this one works.

• I use the standard libreelec version 9

I didn't test it on one of your builds, but what you are saying is quite possible

Well have to ask some Kodi devs what it means in particular. It's quite possible that it fails to run because I rebuild the package on a newer system version. Basically all devel libs were updated -> so probably the new versions only runs on LE 9.1

And i do understand this has low priorty, take your time, in mean time i'm happily using the older version

• I use the standard libreelec version 9

I didn't test it on one of your builds, but what you are saying is quite possible

And i do understand this has low priorty, take your time, in mean time i'm happily using the older version

Worst case would be to manuall drop in the key into settings.conf maybe not as convenient but still works.

• Maybe i wasn't clear enough, the addon itself doesn't work.

It has notthing to do with the key updater.

I think the makemkcon binary don't work

Well if I run it in a terminal it basically works. What's your output if you enter makemkvcon.bin info in a terminal?

• 5schatten

Ok just to be sure that you understand what i mean.

The first problem was the key-updater not working, we fixed that, and you made a new version. Done

The second problem is that the new makemkv addon version 9.0.108 doesn't work

The output of makemkvcon.bin info with makemkv addon v9.0-108:

makemkvcon.bin: /usr/lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /storage/.kodi/addons/lib.multimedia.makemkv/lib/libmakemkv.so.1)

So it definitively don't work and probably caused by updating the build environment?

The old makemkv addon 1.14.2 works just fine, so i adjusted the key updater script in the zip archive.

I tested this on libreelec 9.0 final (the stock version on the libreelec download page)

I didn't test it on your build because i don't need the game additions.

Possibly it will work on your new build environment?

Maybe this is a little too much info but i did have a pain in the ass discussion on another forum just because people don't seem to understand what i am telling

• long story short:

packages/devel: bump devel packages by MilhouseVH · Pull Request #3286 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

glibc: update to glibc-2.29 · MilhouseVH/LibreELEC.tv@95eb619 · GitHub

The update of the devel packages & the introduction of the multithreaded build has "broken" a lot of things and so it took some time to updated the packages and make sure they build "out-of-order" with correct dependencies. This will speed up the build process but also introduces new problems if the packages lack correct configs.

You need a LE 9.1 build to run the latest makemkv build because it's libs are linked against newer devel libs like glibc-2.29 so you either wait for LE to drop vanilla LE 9.1 or you follow the steps in the start post, set up the update channel, grab the build and it should work if you had a RR build installed before.

Or

You clone this branch GitHub - 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv at libreelec-9.0-rr and build the addon from source.

• Build RR-201907-011018c is partly online

• updated to latest LE9.1
    • updated to Kodi 18.1rc1
    • upgraded Generic kernel to 4.19.20
    • updated to mesa mesa-19.0.0-rc2
    • updated Emulationstation to v2.8.0
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin -> GLContext: Fix shared context creation error on Mesa = maybe fixes "Failed to create shared context for shader compiling" ?
    • updated amiberry
    • updated m64p
    • dropped lr-ishiiruka & lr-fbalpha2018
    • reworked packages for latest devel packages
    • reworked packages for multithreaded build

Note: chewitt provided me some teamspace on the LE server so you can now use LibreELEC-Settings to update your builds. To do so set up the update channel as described on page 1 | point VI. Installation and update your systems. From now I'll only provide .img.gz files to create sd-cards/usb-drives on my Gdrive account which you have to update afterwards.

If you ever thought about supporting the LibreELEC project then I think it's a good time to pass the team a beer to cover their expenses and show some love ;) Sponsor – LibreELEC (nobody asked me to do so but I think we all profit from a well supported LE project 8))

• If you ever thought about supporting the LibreELEC project then I think it's a good time to pass the team a beer to cover their expenses and show some love ;) Sponsor – LibreELEC (nobody asked me to do so but I think we all profit from a well supported LE project 8))

Done!

Note: chewitt provided me some teamspace on the LE server so you can now use LibreELEC-Settings to update your builds. To do so set up the updated channel as described in post 1 | page 1 and update your systems. From now I'll only provide .img.gz to create sd-cards/usb-drives on my Gdrive account which you have to update afterwards.

Nice :):thumbup:

Edited once, last by BlaBla1973 (February 12, 2019 at 7:51 PM).