LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Probably not I've taken the image down for now -> looks like the sound config is somewhat broken for some devices. I reported the bug to the testing channel of LE and have to wait for some solutions.

Take your time mate.

The previous build is working fine i’m gonna revert to that build till it’s fixed.

Thanks for report back

• Well looks like the Linux Kernel devs screwed up the ALSA audio system in a certain way. 143591.html and need to fix this first. So I'll try to build a "compat" build with kernel 4.19.x again & upload this. It will probably screw up Docker again so no more PCSX2 but better sacrifice one emulator than the whole sound system for now.

• Uploading a new generic build with kernel 4.19.13 but working Docker/PCSX2... ofc not for Nvidia users I have to deal with that later. Will take some time since I'm powered by a wodden modem ISP german Telekom but maybe it'll finish this year /shrug

• Hi there, this is my first post. I wanted to complement you on the work done for LE 9.0 RR. I just installed it for the first time about a week ago as a Christmas vacation project. Thus far it's working quite well on both a standard dual core x86 PC and an ASUS chromebox CN60, so hats off to 5schatten and other contributors!

I've been trying to optimize the user experience and one thing I haven't been able to overcome is the exiting of games back into ES using the joystick. I can exit properly into RA using whatever hotkey I set up within RA itself. From there I can quit RA and that sends me back into ES. It gets the job done but I know I can do better.

I can also exit straight into ES using the keyboard right Alt key (AltGR) but the goal is to be keyboard free. This is the exact functionality I'm looking for but just need it via joysticks. This also provides me hope it should be possible...

A couple other notes:

• I have select and start operating nicely within ES itself. I've also changed the RA hotkey to something other than start+select but that didn't help.
    • I'm using Sony dual shock controllers, standard PS1 controller, and even a Logitech Dual Shock clone. Behavior is identical between them.
    • I'm running the RR-201851-1acbb17 (Generic.x86_64) version.
    • Options within es_input.cfg are pretty minimal. Select and hotkeyenable can be configured there but it didn't seem to help. Although the keyboard hotkey: <input name="hotkeyenable" type="key" id="27" value="1" /> is operational. Both my hotkeyenable and select are id="8" for the joystick. Removing select didn't make any difference either.

A lot of my research on the subject turns up Retropie configurations but unfortunately not much on ES as a standalone (with just RA and no Retropie).

Any advice is much appreciated including a confirmation that someone/anyone actually has this working in their setup to confirm it's at least possible.

Tia

• Well I'm not sure if I got your point but if you want to use libretro cores without a keyboard you can. You need either a gamepad with analog stick buttons then you have to press both of them the same time to open the retroarch menu. Otherwise it's probably possible to map the exit button to anonther button which isn't used by any game.

I use 8bitdo SF30 Pro controllers & can map these buttons as I like

AFAIK you can't map button combinations to the exit button so for example pressing select+start to exit RA won't work. If you use gamepads/joysticks that have no "spare" buttons you're probably out of luck.

And something similar for S912 is?

...not available. Maybe in the future if someone supplies me with a S912 device and once it's GPU cores are supported by mainline kernel drivers. But I guess until this happens there are plenty of cheap replacements available so it won't make any sense to spend time on this.

• Build RC4 | 201901-a21ca18 is online

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream | Beta 02
    • updated to Kodi 18 rc4
    • downgraded Generic kernel to 4.19.13 / RPi to 4.19.12
    • fixed audio output for certain systems
    • Docker & PCSX2 should work (for non Nvidia systems)
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated dolphin & citra
    • fixed mupen64plus-libretro for RPi builds
  • Well I'm not sure if I got your point but if you want to use libretro cores without a keyboard you can. You need either a gamepad with analog stick buttons then you have to press both of them the same time to open the retroarch menu. Otherwise it's probably possible to map the exit button to anonther button which isn't used by any game.

I use 8bitdo SF30 Pro controllers & can map these buttons as I like

AFAIK you can't map button combinations to the exit button so for example pressing select+start to exit RA won't work. If you use gamepads/joysticks that have no "spare" buttons you're probably out of luck.

...not available. Maybe in the future if someone supplies me with a S912 device and once it's GPU cores are supported by mainline kernel drivers. But I guess until this happens there are plenty of cheap replacements available so it won't make any sense to spend time on this.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry I wasn't clear. It's simple really. I'm launching games (SNES, PSX, N64, etc. all using libretro cores) via ES and I'm trying to use the joystick to exit back into ES. RA allows this but ES doesn't appear to for some reason.

I'm just surprised nobody has asked about this given the obviousness of wanting to go back to ES not RA when launching from ES. Is everyone toting a keyboard on their setups or just accepting the extra steps to exit first into RA and then back->up->quit to ES? What am I missing?

If I follow your recommendation, I think you are saying (if I had the SF30's), I would first hit start+select and then hit the custom button immediately afterward.

Regarding the 8bitdo SF30 Pro, it looks like the cat's meow. You use it with BT or wired? I'm assuming the former. Responsiveness doesn't suffer on wireless? Gaming must stop when microwave in use? :/ I was shopping for a set of 4 controllers to pair wirelessly with the CN60 and these may just be the way to go...

• Well ES & Pegasus are just a frontends so once you quit an emulator you fall back to them. Retroarch is a frontend and a framework for all libretro cores. If you map the exit button input_exit_emulator = "ralt" to a free button on your keyboard / joystick / gamepad / whatever RA will instantly quit and either return to ES / P-FE or to kodi if you've started RA directly.

Controllers like the Sony PlayStation3 DualShock3 can utilize the "PS" button sony-playstation3-dualshock3-controller-usb.cfg#l29 to open the menu for example.

My "special" key on my gamepad opens the RA menu and if I want to stop it I'll return to ES. Anyway it's not possible to deal with all emulators without a keyboard so I've also a Rii Mini i8+ in reach.

• Build RC4 | 201901-a21ca18 is online | S905 / C2 uploading

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream | Beta 02
    • updated to Kodi 18 rc4
    • downgraded Generic kernel to 4.19.13 / RPi to 4.19.12
    • fixed audio output for certain systems
    • Docker & PCSX2 should work (for non Nvidia systems)
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated dolphin & citra
    • fixed mupen64plus-libretro for RPi builds

Thank you very much just installed this build and audio work fine now.

But i still have issue with dolphin that i can't set backend en the adapter and GC controller through the dolphin ui.

set RR_QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=false afterwards adjust RR_QT_SCALE_FACTOR by adding a number then restart the program and see if the menus fit now.

This isn't working for me either.

Are these settings applayble in the dolphin-emu.ini? or maybe in some other config files?

Thanks!