LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Morphy

Try the new build & see if your controller works out of the box.

Great thanks I will do later. I've noticed a few other weird issues with the joypad buttons which weren't present on RP. I've mapped the hotkey button in ES to be my home button on the controller but it stays as select?

Also in Mario Kart on the N64 the analogue right changes the HUD in game so there must be a conflict there too.

In SNES I've noticed that pressing hotkey (select) and save (R1) fires a button but not quite sure which one. Not sure if this was an issue in RP but can check as well.

I will look more into the mapping if I've got time later but just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

• Beta 07a Generic/RPi is online:

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream
    • updated RPi kernel to 4.18.9
    • updated mesa to 18.2.1
    • updated vulkan-loader to 1.1.85
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated PCSX2 start script -> now updates Docker images & removes old one
    • updated sdl-jstest -> added path to gamecontrollerdb
    • updated spotify start script -> default branch is now spotify-stable
    • retroarch-joypad-autoconfig: added Gioteck VX2 config file
    • added some background music to ES screensaver

Can only see the img in Google drive no update tar?

• Morphy

You don't need a tar file to update you can use the img.gz file too.

The ES controller config has nothting to to with the RA setup and is only used for controlling the ES frontend. It also depends in which mode you've connected the gamepad so if it works in Xinput or Dinput mode. Both feature a different number of buttons. Your controller isn't included in SDL2 upstream gamecontrollerdb sdl_gamecontrollerdb.h so it won't be detected out of the box. Or in other words... you saved on the wrong things /shrug

If your controls are weird in RA you have a faulty config file. Also check you controls per emulator. You can for example enable anlogue to digital for games that don't support sticks but this cause problems in other games that have mapped controls on the sticks.

I'm not adding back the quit menu because it's not functional since it's made for RetroPie and makes no sense since LE has it's own shutdown function.

• Morphy

You don't need a tar file to update you can use the img.gz file too.

Never knew that, thanks! Thought this was for new installations only :blush:

Anyway I've updated and it works out of the box now thanks! I have some more issues now though :S I can't exit from any game and no hotkeys work now so I'm guessing these need setting up in RA.

The ES controller config has nothting to to with the RA setup and is only used for controlling the ES frontend. It also depends in which mode you've connected the gamepad so if it works in Xinput or Dinput mode. Both feature a different number of buttons. Your controller isn't included in SDL2 upstream gamecontrollerdb sdl_gamecontrollerdb.h so it won't be detected out of the box. Or in other words... you saved on the wrong things /shrug

Ah ok I thought the controls were configured in ES for all libretro emu's. Strange how you have to configure ALL the buttons just for a menu system... And yes, I was surprised it worked so well in RP to be honest!

If your controls are weird in RA you have a faulty config file. Also check you controls per emulator. You can for example enable anlogue to digital for games that don't support sticks but this cause problems in other games that have mapped controls on the sticks.

Where do I check the controls per emulator? I looked at User 1 binds in RA and mine is set to Retropad w/Analog. User 1 Analog to digital is set to None. Not sure why N64 analog is messed up /shrug

I'm not adding back the quit menu because it's not functional since it's made for RetroPie and makes no sense since LE has it's own shutdown function.

Ah ok. I just thought on the rpi when it comes to shutting down it's quicker to shut down from ES then having to go back into kodi.

• A couple more things 8o

In ES my volume is set to 0% when I try and adjust it ES crashes I think as it goes back to Kodi. The volume is quite loud compared to Kodi so it's definitely not on 0%. I'd like to be able to change it if possible.

What's the point in the Saturn emu for RPI?? Every game I've tried has ran like a complete dog :dodgy:

• Never knew that, thanks! Thought this was for new installations only :blush:

Anyway I've updated and it works out of the box now thanks! I have some more issues now though :S I can't exit from any game and no hotkeys work now so I'm guessing these need setting up in RA.

Ah ok I thought the controls were configured in ES for all libretro emu's. Strange how you have to configure ALL the buttons just for a menu system... And yes, I was surprised it worked so well in RP to be honest!

Where do I check the controls per emulator? I looked at User 1 binds in RA and mine is set to Retropad w/Analog. User 1 Analog to digital is set to None. Not sure why N64 analog is messed up /shrug

Ah ok. I just thought on the rpi when it comes to shutting down it's quicker to shut down from ES then having to go back into kodi.

I guess RetroPie has a nifty little script/function that populates the es_input.cfg but since it's easy to setup and only needed for menu browsing I haven't spent to much effort in it. My 8bitdo stuff works out of the box and the rest of the world has to spent 1min to set it up /shrug

First things first. Make sure you mapping for RA is correct. Start RA then go to load core & start the button_test_libretro.so something core. Then make sure all of your buttons light up in the right place. The hot-key for RA menu is F1 and you can quit every RA core with the right-alt key.

Basically this is a read-only system and you could pull the plug out of the wall without messing up the base system so I really don't care much about a clean shut down and how long it takes /shrug

The sound stuff is just a RetroPie relict. Set audiocard in this ES menu to default and it should not crash anymore. Afaik you can't controll the volume with ES so just lower the volume of your TV :/

• I have tried the S905 build.

5schatten There is a problem same as Sx05RE.(Emulationstation has no sounds · Issue #35 · shantigilbert/Sx05RE · GitHub)

In your build, EmulationStation has no sound for video snap. If we start any game with RA and then quit to EmulationStation, the sound for video snap would be OK but the sound effect for ES theme would get mute.

In you thread description, it says there is a PPSSPP for all builds. In fact, there is no standalone PPSSPP for S905 serial TV box,right?

And last, I think 1024MB for FAT32 partition for S905 bulid is too much. Maybe 512MB is enough.

I am glad there is another build based on LibreELEC with ES while Sx05RE Swichting to CoreELEC.

Thank you, 5schatten.

• Anyone using the Citra core for 3ds games?

On my HTPC its very slowwwww...

I found this on the internet:

Is it possible to make it the same as dolphin?
    Standalone instead of Lilbretro core.

• My ES sound works fine on a Khadas VIM S905X device with this asound.conf asound.conf.kvim so try to get the correct sound settings using aplay -L first.

In fact there is PPSSPP included in all builds since it's the libretro core which runs on all plattforms. For these arm SBC it's more a proof or concept because it runs quite slow for most graphical demanding games. A system partition size of 512MB would be suitable at the moment for all those SBC but not for a generic build. And since I have to set one default partition size for all targets it's 1024MB. IMHO I don't see the point of shrinking that to gain 256MB or something... microSD cards are cheap and external drives work also.

• Anyone using the Citra core for 3ds games?

On my HTPC its very slowwwww...

I found this on the internet:

Is it possible to make it the same as dolphin?
    Standalone instead of Lilbretro core.

Well I guess you're refering to this? FPS issues · Issue #47 · libretro/citra · GitHub the point is that a recent citra standalone version is way ahead of the libretro-core because the maintainer rebases the lr core rather seldom. Keep in mind that the core is more like wip and not comparable to something like dolphin. Also they use Windows10 and so you really can't compare that because a completly diffrent driver stack is used.

• You can try the Amlogic build and install it like any other LE image. But I can only guarantee that Khadas VIM builds work since it's the only AML device I own.