LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• You need to adopt this Python script for your needs LibreELEC.tv/frontend-emulationstation.py at libreelec-9.0-rr · 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub since Kodi is probably not able to start shell scripts.

Well I have no clue how the internal speakers are attached to the output device so that's probably the reason why it did not work.

Thanks i will try this later tonight.

This great😁

One question: what location do i need to put my python scripts?

I assume /usr/bin is read only.

• Thanks i will try this later tonight.

This great😁

One question: what location do i need to put my python scripts?

I assume /usr/bin is read only.

Well good question I never tried to run any python scripts... you can try to run them like a any other command /full/path/command.py and you'll see if it works. Otherwise maybe something like python /full/path/command.py will work

• scraper -scrape_all should work fine

Well good question I never tried to run any python scripts... you can try to run them like a any other command /full/path/command.py and you'll see if it works.

I getting this

Well good question I never tried to run any python scripts... you can try to run them like a any other command /full/path/command.py and you'll see if it works.

This is working fine Thanks!

• I getting this

This is working fine Thanks!

Well from my past experience scraper is not really suitable for large iso's because it uses file hashs to identify them. Also start to rename your roms to common names like this Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (v1.00).iso Anyway I would get UXS spent some time to set it up and use it to scrape games.

And since the legacy API of gamedb is down Legacy API down · Issue #244 · sselph/scraper · GitHub Legacy API Shutdown - TheGamesDb.net any service that relies on this API won't work until this is fixed.

• Well from my past experience scraper is not really suitable for large iso's because it uses file hashs to identify them. Also start to rename your roms to common names like this Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (v1.00).iso Anyway I would get UXS spent some time to set it up and use it to scrape games.

And since the legacy API of gamedb is down Legacy API down · Issue #244 · sselph/scraper · GitHub Legacy API Shutdown - TheGamesDb.net any service that relies on this API won't work until this is fixed.

Yeah to bad that gamedb is down i hope they can fix this.

Thanks!

• Hi

I installed the Generic build, but I cannot launch PS2 games, and there are no PS2 cores in retroarch. What am I doing wrong? I installed the Docker addon in libreelec.

Edit: Got it working by getting bios files

• 5schatten I put this dolphin.py in my custom skin and set the right path to it

Python
    #!/usr/bin/python
    import subprocess
    subprocess.call("systemd-run /usr/bin/dolphin.start /storage/roms/wii/MarioKartWii.wbfs", shell=True)

In the beginning it was launching mario kart from submenu in skin just fine couple of times but now somehow it looks like kodi is just restarting when starting game.

Sometime it will start from submenu but most of the time kodi is restarting but there is no crash_log.

I found in /var/log/dolphin.log this

Code
    QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 2
    QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
    QPainter::setBrush: Painter not active
    QPainter::setRenderHint: Painter must be active to set rendering hints
    Xlib:  extension "NV-GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
    Xlib:  extension "NV-GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::system_error'
      what():  Invalid argument
    Aborted

I don't know if this is related but it's the only dolphin log i can find.

but i don't understand why in the beginning is was working fine and now the game wouldn't start anymore cause i id not change anything.

Or maybe kodi doesn't like this way of starting games with dolphin....

I hope you can point me in the right way.

btw i already tried advanced laucnher but with this i have also the same issue.

First couple of times game starting fine and later nothing.

Thanks!

• Well this is a somewhat awkward setup but normally every start script is self contained so it should be possible to run them from any terminal or other launcher. Dolphin probably fails to run because the audio backend is misconfigured. Try to set either PulseAudio or ALSA in advanced.conf and leave the audio backend configuration in Dolphin untouched.

Dolphin Emulator on Arch Linux crashes when launching a game

is there a way to permanently disable the demo games in all frontends?

Not in all so they will be always listed in Retroarch but I'll add some config flags to advanced.conf in my next builds to disable them for ES & PF if you don't want or need them.

• Dolphin probably fails to run because the audio backend is misconfigured. Try to set either PulseAudio or ALSA in advanced.conf and leave the audio backend configuration in Dolphin untouched.

Dolphin Emulator on Arch Linux crashes when launching a game

Backend in advanced.conf was set to ALSA and chanced it to PulseAudio and that works.

But then no sound in dolphin so i setup asound.conf like you said in OP.

Then set rr autoconfigure audio to false still no sound.

Strange thing is when backend set to pulse audio and in dolphin the audio is set to pulse.

When i im dolphin change backend to ALSA sound is working.

But when i close dolphin the last audio backend setting in this case ALSA isn’t saved/shrug

It’s always back to pulse.