LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Well if you have an italian keyboard layout & a multimedia keyboard you can't expect it to work out of the box. You have to change your keyboard layout in LibreELEC settings to get your keys interpreted as italian layout and you have to probably have to change the language in Retroarch to italian too.

Also I'm not entirely sure what you're going to remap and what purpose this serves. In the end it makes not much sense to use any emulator without a proper gamepad /shrug:/

Anyway there is a complete documentation available for such topics Input and Controls - Libretro Docs

Well, it seems your use of retroarch is somewhat limited if you're not considering all the retroarch hotkeys you can use during gameplay (volume up/down, for example, or save/restore state, or change save slot). Gamepads are for playing, keyboard is for managing retroarch /shrug

As already said, in kodi and chrome the keyboard is working fine, so it's obvious I've already applied the right configuration in kodi for my keyboard layout /shrug

I wrote to you because, as already said, only in retroarch the keyboard layout is totally wrong. And, if YOU read the libretro docs link you sent to me, there's nothing about configuring/fixing keyboard layout (I've already read it before writing to you the first time, and this is the third for the same problem) /shrug

So, please, don't think every question people ask to you are "waste of time"... I thought maybe you hardcoded something in retroarch binaries that messes up the layout... In retroarch installed on the official LE9 build my keyboard layout was right... it must be something in your retroarch implementation /shrug

In retroarch configuration there's nothing about keyboard layout... you can only configure mappings... but, if you want to map "-" key for volume down and when you press it in the mapping it maps "f3", you see... the layout is wrong... /shrug

Thank you

• Kodi lists hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0 as device

You're using DP-1 as connector

Code
    2019-03-13 20:22:04.424 T:140252626810624 NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : DP-1: 1920x1080 @ 23.98Hz (22) (wei ght: 0.000)

So I don't see what's the problem :/ Which output did you use at my older build?

Also post a full log zip.

You could try LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) / libreelec-generic.x86_64-9.1-milhouse-20190311210303-#0311-g28f2bb3.tar so one of Milhouse test builds which is based on master too and check if Kodi audio is working. It's possible that something is broken in 418.43 so I would revert to 410.104.

Sorry for the delay.

The milhouse version(LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.1-Milhouse-20190311210303-#0311-g28f2bb3) works without any problems.

• Sorry for the delay.

The milhouse version(LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.1-Milhouse-20190311210303-#0311-g28f2bb3) works without any problems.

Ca you try build RR-20190314-bdc55bc? I reverted the driver update and maybe this solves your problem. :/

5schatten

Can you please update MakeMKV to latest version? I have a Blu-ray that doesn't play now. Probably needs the new AACS of the latest MakeMKV.

I can update the addon but it won't work on for Milhouse & my builds because it will depend on glibc 2.29 & openssl 1.1.1 so is 9.1 only.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wwixtfci-ar9vzebgdy5yv18q28ut6af

If you still use vanilla LE then ping duck7000 and kindly ask for the addon package -> he builds my addon for the 9.0 branch.

Okay.

If I understand it correct, Chrome and Spotify-Client are not in the raspberry pi images.

Is there a way I can add them manually or do they simply not work for arm-based cpus?

You can use librespot on ARM if you have a premium account but Chrome is for generic only.

• Build RR-20190314-bdc55bc is online

• changed GCC optimize options from -Os to -O2 as escalade suggested & rooty brought up
    • updated to latest LE 9.x
    • switched addon repo from 9.0 to 9.1
    • upgraded Generic kernel to 4.19.29 / RPi kernel to 4.19.28
    • updated to mesa-19.0.0
    • reverted nvidia driver to 410.104
    • updated pegasus-frontend to Alpha 11
    • updated Skyscraper to v3.1.3
    • reorganized the Retroarch shaders -> check out the subdirs common | glsl | slang (Vulkan only)
    • ppsspp: updated to v1.8.0+ / keep v1.7.5 for Amlogic_Legacy -> I pinged hrydgard and nagged a bit about the Vulkan issue and he fixed it after some debugging and testing. [Vulkan] anv_bind_buffer_memory: Assertion (...) failed. · Issue #11882 · hrydgard/ppsspp · GitHub
    • lr-ppsspp: updated to v1.8.0+ / fix video stuttering -> intro videos should play fine now
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin

Beware this is the first "true" LE 9.1 build so the addon repo is now based based on LE 9.1 too. Make sure you've enabled addon auto-updates and install all of them before you "nag" about non working stuff. Many outdated 9.0 based addons won't start because they were linked against openssl 1.0.2 for example. Once all of your binary addons provided by the LibreELEC repo pulled updates they should work fine again.

You can right click on the "LibreELEC Add-ons" repo and let manually search for updates if you don't want to wait.

• From my perspective it's pretty simple. If you run into problems you have to follow the rules. If you don't know which log might be helpful just follow the outlined steps.

Personally I don't care how you or others use RA. My gamepad has menu shortkey and manually loading and saving savestates just takes a blink of an eye. If you use a keyboard to suit your needs that's totally fine but first you have to make sure it's not your special snowflake hardware that's problematic.

A common misconception is that if something works in Kodi it has to run in ES or RA too. None of them are linked in any way. ES uses SDL for input handling while RA uses udev but could also use several other input APIs. Just because Kodi supports your multimedia keyboard this means basically nothing.

Also I'm not aware of a "Retroarch installed on the official LE9" there is afaik only GitHub - bite-your-idols/Gamestarter: Retrogaming kodi add-on repository for LibreELEC which comes with Retroarch but at least in the past it partly relied on escalades or my binaries and pulled the cores from the build-bot. I guess you think Retroplayer is the same as Retroarch. Retroplayer is just team Kodis implementation of the Libretro API nothing more or less. If you still think they are the same just try to run any game that needs OpenGL or any other 3d acceleration in Kodis Retroplayer.

So in summary if you run into problems post logs. if you don't know which in particular post all of them (=logfile zip) If your keybaord behaves strange get a standard keyboard first connect it to your system and double check if it also maps wrong keys. I also own a Logitech multimedia keyboard and the function keys only work if pressed with the fn key first. Also I pointed to the libretro docs because this thread is mainly to iron out problems with this builds not how to configure Retroarch, Dolphin or else because there are dedicated forums for this.

• From my perspective it's pretty simple. If you run into problems you have to follow the rules. If you don't know which log might be helpful just follow the outlined steps.

Personally I don't care how you or others use RA. My gamepad has menu shortkey and manually loading and saving savestates just takes a blink of an eye. If you use a keyboard to suit your needs that's totally fine but first you have to make sure it's not your special snowflake hardware that's problematic.

A common misconception is that if something works in Kodi it has to run in ES or RA too. None of them are linked in any way. ES uses SDL for input handling while RA uses udev but could also use several other input APIs. Just because Kodi supports your multimedia keyboard this means basically nothing.

Also I'm not aware of a "Retroarch installed on the official LE9" there is afaik only GitHub - bite-your-idols/Gamestarter: Retrogaming kodi add-on repository for LibreELEC which comes with Retroarch but at least in the past it partly relied on escalades or my binaries and pulled the cores from the build-bot. I guess you think Retroplayer is the same as Retroarch. Retroplayer is just team Kodis implementation of the Libretro API nothing more or less. If you still think they are the same just try to run any game that needs OpenGL or any other 3d acceleration in Kodis Retroplayer.

So in summary if you run into problems post logs. if you don't know which in particular post all of them (=logfile zip) If your keybaord behaves strange get a standard keyboard first connect it to your system and double check if it also maps wrong keys. I also own a Logitech multimedia keyboard and the function keys only work if pressed with the fn key first. Also I pointed to the libretro docs because this thread is mainly to iron out problems with this builds not how to configure Retroarch, Dolphin or else because there are dedicated forums for this.

Thank you. I have the same Logitech keyboard of yours, but with italian layout instead of german layout.

I mean exactly bite your idols retroarch implementation. With that my keyboard worked fine.

I know all the stuff you explained about differences between kodi, es, retroarch, etc. Maybe i have to change from udev to another one in retroarch. I will try... if you can check what you're using in your configuration, maybe you changed udev to other.

• Build RR-20190314-bdc55bc is online

• changed GCC optimize options from -Os to -O2 as escalade suggested & rooty brought up
    • updated to latest LE 9.x
    • switched addon repo from 9.0 to 9.1
    • upgraded Generic kernel to 4.19.29 / RPi kernel to 4.19.28
    • updated to mesa-19.0.0
    • reverted nvidia driver to 410.104
    • updated pegasus-frontend to Alpha 11
    • updated Skyscraper to v3.1.3
    • reorganized the Retroarch shaders -> check out the subdirs common | glsl | slang (Vulkan only)
    • ppsspp: updated to v1.8.0+ / keep v1.7.5 for Amlogic_Legacy -> I pinged hrydgard and nagged a bit about the Vulkan issue and he fixed it after some debugging and testing. [Vulkan] anv_bind_buffer_memory: Assertion (...) failed. · Issue #11882 · hrydgard/ppsspp · GitHub
    • lr-ppsspp: updated to v1.8.0+ / fix video stuttering -> intro videos should play fine now
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin

Beware this is the first "true" LE 9.1 build so the addon repo is now based based on LE 9.1 too. Make sure you've enabled addon auto-updates and install all of them before you "nag" about non working stuff. Many outdated 9.0 based addons won't start because they were linked against openssl 1.0.2 for example. Once all of your binary addons provided by the LibreELEC repo pulled updates they should work fine again.

I think I updated to the last version without paying attention about tvheadend availability for LE9.1. Is there a way to reinstall tvheadend server on the new build?

Thank you

• It takes some time until your Kodi refreshes the available addons.

I tried to manually update the addon, even remove and reinstall without removing addon config files, but it always display "installation failed" message :( I'm installing the previous 0803 build over the 1403.

• I think I updated to the last version without paying attention about tvheadend availability for LE9.1. Is there a way to reinstall tvheadend server on the new build?

Thank you

Just make Kodi update the addon repos and TVHeadend will update and start.

• HaLeXz

Well as I mentioned in the big fat "warning" message you should wait until Kodi pulls the addon updates from the repo. All LibreELEC addons are available for 9.1 so also Tvheadend. You probably have to manually delete the tvheadend files now before you can reinstall.