LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• You can try to download the cores from the build bot but as I stated in my first post, which you should have read, those cores are build for a LE 8.2.x base so they can work but for example genesis-gx-plus failed for someone on his S905. The /tmp/cores directory is a virtual/overlay directory that combines the content of /usr/lib/libretro & /storage/.config/retroarch/cores so if you upload any core to the latter one Retroarch should recognize it at least after you restart.

Docker isn't included in my build and also not in vanilla LE but it's available in the standard repo. If you start PCSX2 it has to download my container first so do the math how long it takes to download 1GB for you and leave the system running for this time. And as always... and written in the first post... check out /var/log which contains the emulator logfiles. As long as PCSX2 downloads stuff it's logged in of the files.

Yes the core works most of the part I guess. Just my remap file doesnt work anymore. Neither in my old nor in this new retroarch version it is possible to change keys. However in the past I was able to copy the remap file of gambatte and rename it to easyrpg. That worked. However the new remap files look different and this trick doesnt work anymore. Who do I have to ask for help? The core developer or the guys from retroarch/libretro?

I now have sound both in kodi and in emulators. And everything starts. Its just.. slow. I tested the three standlone emus and some retroarch cores. And even the gameboy emulator is slow/choppy. The only emulator which seems to run fluent is dolphin. In ppsspp I also had one game which seems to run fluent and another one which is pretty slow. PCSX2 and retroarch cores are slow or choppy.

Shall I upload a log file or do you already have an idea?

And another thing is the controller config in ppsspp. Its so annoying because I dont get it. If I use my controller with ppsspp on my normal pc, running win 10 everything is ok. However if I try it in your build on my nuc it detects only one of ~12 buttons. I tried to use my settings file from my normal pc but it doesnt work. Same if I try to config it in ppsspp in your build. I already experienced that issue in niabis Sx05RE build. Its just Im running out of ideas.

edit: If emulationstation has sound while navigating then I have no sound in es. Could that be the reason? However the emulators itself have sound. Just slow/choppy.

• Yes the core works most of the part I guess. Just my remap file doesnt work anymore. Neither in my old nor in this new retroarch version it is possible to change keys. However in the past I was able to copy the remap file of gambatte and rename it to easyrpg. That worked. However the new remap files look different and this trick doesnt work anymore. Who do I have to ask for help? The core developer or the guys from retroarch/libretro?

I now have sound both in kodi and in emulators. And everything starts. Its just.. slow. I tested the three standlone emus and some retroarch cores. And even the gameboy emulator is slow/choppy. The only emulator which seems to run fluent is dolphin. In ppsspp I also had one game which seems to run fluent and another one which is pretty slow. PCSX2 and retroarch cores are slow or choppy.

Shall I upload a log file or do you already have an idea?

And another thing is the controller config in ppsspp. Its so annoying because I dont get it. If I use my controller with ppsspp on my normal pc, running win 10 everything is ok. However if I try it in your build on my nuc it detects only one of ~12 buttons. I tried to use my settings file from my normal pc but it doesnt work. Same if I try to config it in ppsspp in your build. I already experienced that issue in niabis Sx05RE build. Its just Im running out of ideas.

edit: If emulationstation has sound while navigating then I have no sound in es. Could that be the reason? However the emulators itself have sound. Just slow/choppy.

If you can't change the keys the because they are probably hardcoded anyway such question belong to the specific libretro core and into the libretro forum and/or github repo.

It shouldn't run so slow that even Gamebatte would fail to run games proper. What resolution do you use and don't tell me 4K while you wonder why some stuff runs too slow. PCSX2 still needs a decent CPU so unless you have none you can't expect it to run at full speed.

I have no clue what kind of controller you use but I guess it's some third party china rip-off something? SDL supports a wide range of controllers so if yours is not detected you can either create a mapping file & supply it to the SDL devs or get a common controller.

If emulationstation has sound while navigating then I have no sound in es Well... what? I suspect you mean you have navigation sounds but not video preview sounds or something? Switch to PulseAudio as backend then.

All in all....

L
    O
    G
    S

I don't even have a clue what kind of system you actually use beside the fact that's probably an Intel NUC.

• Im running an Intel NUC7CJYH with LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-RR-201902-22cb18c

And yes you are right resolution in kodi was 4k. After setting back its better but still bad.

I tested Flatout 2 on pcsx2 and the sound in main menu was slow. When I started a race it was unplayable.

The cores in RA run fluent. However PS1 graphics in beetle hw look so incredible bad on default settings. Even on my S905X box they looked better.

7z3m2wfy.png

If I try to increase internal resolution in the core options I get slow/choppy sound again and video gets slower too.

And the only way to play on RA cores is to start them via ES because then resolution is always 1080p. If I dont use ES and just start RA either resolution is 2160p or its 1080p and crashes by starting a game.

I dont know Im too noob to manage this. I put a logfile at the end of my post maybe you can find something? Or do you maybe have a comparable hardware and could send me your config file? :D

So this is my controller CSL – USB Wireless Gamepad für PC inkl.: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

And in RA, ES etc. its displayed as Gasia Co.,Ltd PS(R) Gamepad. I tried to map it and downloaded SDL GamepadTool on my main pc. When I opened it it told me that mapping is available (SpeedLink Strike FX). However this is windows. So if I understand it right I have to use this tool under linux? That will be hard since I dont own a pc running linux. Could this maybe work when I boot my windows pc with knoppix?

..Ah ye I remember to read in your FAQ that I need PulseAudio for ES. However I dont have any trailers so I actually dont need sound in ES. I just wondered if that could be a reason for choppy sound in emulators. But obviously its not. So not sure is it a good move to switch to PulseAudio though?

And by the way everytime I launch a PS2 game via emulationstation I got this pcsx2 notification which I have to click away:

hcai843i.jpg

Google says that means that the image is already in use or something linke that. But that doesnt make sense to me.

Anyway here is the log file and description what I did:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/qxfxds5nxn/

First I started beetle psx hw via emulationstation. Internal resolution x1 (native)

Then I changed resolution to x2 and restarted the core. (Sound gets slow and some black lines in the middle of the screen)

Then I closed emulationstation and started retroarch with 1080p resolution. When I started a psx game retroarch crashed.

I hope there is something in the logfile because the logfile shows the time from 19:58 to 19:59 but I started at 19:50.. probably I did something wrong again

Edited 2 times, last by Kupo91 (January 19, 2019 at 7:20 PM).

• Build RC5v2 | 201903-c2a037e is online

• updated to latest LE9.0 | Beta 3
    • updated to Kodi 18 rc5v2
    • updated to mesa 18.3.2
    • updated to vulkan-loader 1.1.98
    • upgraded Generic kernel to 4.19.16 / RPi to 4.19.15
    • RPi: switch to zstd squashfs images
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated dolphin & citra
  • I was wondering if anyone attempted to map their controllers in PPSSPP. I've been trying to map them multiple times without success. The controls work fine during gameplay but I'm not able to navigate the menus any longer to exit PPSSPP. A description to my problem is actually shown in this PPSSPP forum:

Control Mapping for dualshock 3 (RetroPie)

I understand it's likely a PPSSPP issue but I'm curious if anyone can help me understand how to SDLJoystick.h before compiling. Thank you.

• I was wondering if anyone attempted to map their controllers in PPSSPP. I've been trying to map them multiple times without success. The controls work fine during gameplay but I'm not able to navigate the menus any longer to exit PPSSPP. A description to my problem is actually shown in this PPSSPP forum:

Control Mapping for dualshock 3 (RetroPie)

I understand it's likely a PPSSPP issue but I'm curious if anyone can help me understand how to SDLJoystick.h before compiling. Thank you.

Have you checked this PR on github? it mentions running PPSSPP with the --PS3 argument

Adds --PS3 comand line option for PS3 controller support on SDL. by klyoungblood · Pull Request #8949 · hrydgard/ppsspp · GitHub

• Have you checked this PR on github? it mentions running PPSSPP with the --PS3 argument

Adds --PS3 comand line option for PS3 controller support on SDL. by klyoungblood · Pull Request #8949 · hrydgard/ppsspp · GitHub

Really odd. Github mentions PPSSPP being revised to support the controllers but I still have the same problem. It doesn't seem like there's any way to map the buttons correctly without screwing up the keyboard mapping also.

• Really odd. Github mentions PPSSPP being revised to support the controllers but I still have the same problem. It doesn't seem like there's any way to map the buttons correctly without screwing up the keyboard mapping also.

Did you start PPSSPP with the --PS3 command line option?

Not sure how RR runs PPSSP but you might need to modify the es_systems.cfg file if you are using Emulationstation

• Did you start PPSSPP with the --PS3 command line option?

Not sure how RR runs PPSSP but you might need to modify the es_systems.cfg file if you are using Emulationstation

niabi, Thank you for the clarification. It's been quite a day for me and I'm wasn't all there when I read the Github link you sent. I'll try checking the es_systems.cfg file and add the --PS3 command for testing.

• niabi, Thank you for the clarification. It's been quite a day for me and I'm wasn't all there when I read the Github link you sent. I'll try checking the es_systems.cfg file and add the --PS3 command for testing.

niabi, I just tested it and there isn't any difference at all. Autodetection and with the --PS3 command only works when the controller is wired. It reverts to the weird configuration once on wireless.

Edited once, last by hybridr (January 20, 2019 at 5:36 AM).

• niabi, I just tested it and there isn't any difference at all. Autodetection and with the --PS3 command doesn't work.

How did you modify the es_systems.cfg file?

I see on RR it is started by a script file so if you just addedd the argument in es_systems.cfg it is not going to work.

OK lets try this way:

You would actually need to create a new script for your es_systems.cfg to call

1. Make a new file in /storage call it pspps3.sh or whaever you want. Make sure you give it +x permissions
    2. Copy everything from this script ppsspp.start to the one you created
    3. Change line 16 from /usr/share/PPSSPP/PPSSPPSDL "$@"> /var/log/PPSSPP.log 2>&1 to /usr/share/PPSSPP/PPSSPPSDL --PS3 "$@"> /var/log/PPSSPP.log 2>&1
    4. Change es_systems.cfg from <command>/usr/bin/PPSSPP.start %ROM%</command> to <command>/storage/pspps3.sh %ROM%</command>
    5. Restart ES and try to see if it works
  • niabi  hybridr

Well normally the PPSSPPSDL binary is called this way /usr/share/PPSSPP/PPSSPPSDL "$@" > /var/log/PPSSPP.log 2>&1 so from my perspective everything you add to this line <command>/usr/bin/PPSSPP.start %ROM%</command> between PPSSPP.start & %ROM% should be applied as cli switch :/

• How did you modify the es_systems.cfg file?

I see on RR it is started by a script file so if you just addedd the argument in es_systems.cfg it is not going to work.

OK lets try this way:

You would actually need to create a new script for your es_systems.cfg to call

1. Make a new file in /storage call it pspps3.sh or whaever you want. Make sure you give it +x permissions
    2. Copy everything from this script ppsspp.start to the one you created
    3. Change line 16 from /usr/share/PPSSPP/PPSSPPSDL "$@"> /var/log/PPSSPP.log 2>&1 to /usr/share/PPSSPP/PPSSPPSDL --PS3 "$@"> /var/log/PPSSPP.log 2>&1
    4. Change es_systems.cfg from <command>/usr/bin/PPSSPP.start %ROM%</command> to <command>/storage/pspps3.sh %ROM%</command>
    5. Restart ES and try to see if it works

Thanks again for you help niabi. I added the --PS3 to <command>/usr/bin/PPSSPP.start %ROM%</command> between PPSSPP.start & %ROM% as suggested by 5schatten. I'll try changing the ppsspp.start script next.

• niabi  hybridr

Well normally the PPSSPPSDL binary is called this way /usr/share/PPSSPP/PPSSPPSDL "$@" > /var/log/PPSSPP.log 2>&1 so from my perspective everything you add to this line <command>/usr/bin/PPSSPP.start %ROM%</command> between PPSSPP.start & %ROM% should be applied as cli switch :/

Yes, but will it not be wrapped in quotes /PPSSPPSDL "--PS3 /path/to/rom" ? as opposed to /PPSSPPSDL --PS3 "/path/to/rom"

EDIT: I've read more on "$@" and it seems you are correct, it should expand them to be different arguments, just make sure the ROM path does not have any spaces. So not sure why the --PS3 is not working, maybe its a bug in PPSSPP itself?

Edited once, last by niabi (January 21, 2019 at 10:25 PM).

• I've added this patch add Gasia Co. Ltd PS(R) Gamepad (#244) · gabomdq/SDL_GameControllerDB@8cee39f · GitHub to SDL2 so basically your controller should be supoorted by all SDL2 based emulators in my next builds. But forget about PCSX2 because it comes prebuild and as long as mainline SDL2 does not support your controller it won't work.

About the rest... well read the FAQ /shrug I don't see what I can or shall explain since it should be obvious that a low-end NUC is faster than any ARM device but is way too slow to proper play advanced emulated 3D games in 1080p :/ Also ARM builds come with PCSX_reARMed which has no 3D acceleration at all so I don't see how Beetle-PSX HW could look worse.

I linked the PCSX2 website which clearly states:

So if it runs slow your system is not fast enough. /shrug

So all in all I provide the an image & I'll provide support if something does not start at all but you have to read and configure the stuff yourself to match your system specs /shrug

• I've added this patch add Gasia Co. Ltd PS(R) Gamepad (#244) · gabomdq/SDL_GameControllerDB@8cee39f · GitHub to SDL2 so basically your controller should be supoorted by all SDL2 based emulators in my next builds. But forget about PCSX2 because it comes prebuild and as long as mainline SDL2 does not support your controller it won't work.

Gosh thank you so much for this. Yesterday I spent hours for creating that damn map file with Knoppix and just failed. It was so frustrating.

In PCSX2 my controller works. Its only about PPSSPP.

About the rest... well read the FAQ /shrug I don't see what I can or shall explain since it should be obvious that a low-end NUC is faster than any ARM device but is way too slow to proper play advanced emulated 3D games in 1080p :/ Also ARM builds come with PCSX_reARMed which has no 3D acceleration at all so I don't see how Beetle-PSX HW could look worse.

Do you mean PS1 games by saying advanced emulated 3D games? I know that PCSX_Rearmed has lower requirements than beetle hw but since PCSX_Rearmed hat this stupid restart bug that makes it impossible to play my multidisk games I really hoped being able to use beetle with this new setup. However I atleast need internal resolution x4 or x8 in beetle to contest with graphics from PCSX_Rearmed. I'll ask reddit if someone has an idea why it is so slow.

I linked the PCSX2 website which clearly states:

So if it runs slow your system is not fast enough. /shrug

Ye I already read that. However I have no clue about cpus or hardware in general. I couldnt distinguish a toaster from a nasa pc.

So the settings in pcsx2 in your build are already the lowest possible? I thought ps2 graphics are comparable with dolphins and dolphin runs fluent. I also looked for minimal settings but often they use other plugins or change options that are grayed out in my settings. Whatever I will try to find a solution.

• 5schatten how to get the sound with the video preview in ES?

If is set backed ALSA in advance.conf i have sound when navigate in ES and in games but not in video preview.

When i set backend to pulseaudio i have no sound when navigate in ES but i have sound when starting game./shrug