record format mp4 ?

• Hej all,

I'm running libreelec on Raspi with external DVB-C-Receiver and TVHeadend.

All recordings are written to disk as transport stream (.ts).

Also I use a Samsung Smart TV and connect via dlna to libreelec, but the TV is not able to decode the .ts file.

Is there a chance to make libreelec (or TVheadend) write the recordings as mp4 ?

Thank you for your statements!

Boris

• Official Post

yes Tvheadend can do this, you can choose between *.ts, *.mp4 and *.mkv

if your TV understand mkv use that instead of the outdated mp4

• Hello CvH,

thank you for your hint and sorry for my very late answer.

I was looking for the setting, but I didn't find it. After some time, the request has faded into the background.

But to come back to it: How can I set the file format? The only possibility I found is a post-processing command, where I could run an ffmpeg with appropriate parameters..... I had hoped to be able to write to mkv when recording.

Thanks and greetings,

Boris

• Hej Backslash (funny nick ;-))

hej all,

so I choosed 'matroska' and got a mkv file. Good to see, that TVHeadend is responding to the setting.

With that I found that my TV is not able to decode mkv.

So I come back to my first idea - to record mp4. I swtched to every possible Stream profile but none of the settings made that there is a mp4 file written.

One more hint?

Thanks,

Boris

• I was told that .mkv could be changed to .mp4 by changing their file extension name. So if Tvheadend supports MKV format, maybe you could try this way. Sometimes I would use Joyoshare Screen Recorder as an alternative to capture videos in more other formats. Much more smoothly.