Posts by BruderB

Hej Da Flex,

Hej chewitt,

thanks again for your thoughts.

The issue is solved and I am embarrassed: I used a cheap USB Hub to have the USB ports better accessible and to supply the USB disk with power. That little chinese dirt (sorry) caused the trouble.....

With the stick and the disk connected directly to the Raspberry, copying the mentioned 1,65 GB file is done within less than 2 minutes. Fine.

Sorry for the noise.

Boris

Hej Klojum, chewitt and Da Flex,

thank you very much for your statements!

Let me add some details concerning your hints:

- to quantify the issue: I just copied 1.65 GB from stick to disk. It took 86 Minutes. I would expect it about 10 times faster.

- The USB stick is a 128 GB Kingston Data Traveller USB3 device, no year old, moderately used and working full performant at other computers. To have it usable with different systems it is formatted with exFAT. It is only used for reading in this copy process.
    - The disk is a Western Digital 4 TB USB3 drive formatted with ext3, 80% used. That should prevent from fragment-troubles. It is working properly at other computers.

- Yes, the RPi2 is not a mega performance star and it shares USB bandwdith with all connected devices but it worked just fine until Day X.

- As I try to remember, Day X could have been the upgrade from LE 9.1 to 9.2.....

Is 9.1 using kernel drivers instead of FUSE or any other different disk-access technology?? Does this change also affect ext3-drives? Is it worth the idea to give a downgrade a try?

- In my understanding disabling the buffering cannot add performance in that dimension (or at all?). Thanks anyway for the explanation.

Thanks,

Boris

Repeated in advance: Great software - many thanks!

LE runs on my Raspi 2 - connected with a DVB-C box and a 4TB USB disk - as a TV receiver and recorder.

For some time now there has been a problem, it may have occurred with the update to 9.2.4. 9.2.6 does not repair it:

The performance of the USB disk is 'gone'. When trying to copy a movie to the SMB share of the disk via LAN, a chache seems to be filled first (the transfer starts fast until about 60-80 MB) and then the transfer rate breaks down completely and the transfer ends with an error (Connection TimeOut). Even if I connect a USB stick directly, transfers from the stick to the disk take almost infinitely long. Also the playback (reading from the disk) is slow: The playback is occasionally interrupted and the buffer has to be refilled first (percentage circle clock).

The disk behaves normally on other computers.

How can I analyze this?

Thanks and regards,

Boris

Hej libreelec forum,

thank you all for your work on this phantastic piece of software. I'm running it on my RaspberryPi 2 since years!

Yesterday I tried to start the Zattoo PlugIn that used to work since some weeks ago. I was still running libreelec 9.2.1. It didn't work, so I decided to upgrade all components and now I'm running 9.2.4 with Zattoo PlugIn 1.0.6.

But still I'm getting

2020-10-04 19:56:00.809 T:1789887360 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.zattoobox/

2020-10-04 19:56:00.813 T:1936715184 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.zattoobox/) failed

in kodi.log.

I am sure my credentials are OK and it seems there isn't a dedicated log for the Zattoo plugin, or is it?

What could be the next step to analyze the issue? Thanks for your hints and ideas!

B.

Hej Chewitt,

hej all,

I'm afraid there is a misunderstanding:

TVHeadend shall be accessible from the Internet by navigating to

http://<mydomain>/tvheadend

So, if TVHeadend is configured with / as its document-root, it will reference continuative links to /. But this is not the right destination.

Also rewriting is not a choice, because there is a different content in / .

So, after all, I'm coming back to my original question.....

Thanks,

Boris

Hej Backslash (funny nick ;-))

hej all,

so I choosed 'matroska' and got a mkv file. Good to see, that TVHeadend is responding to the setting.

With that I found that my TV is not able to decode mkv.

So I come back to my first idea - to record mp4. I swtched to every possible Stream profile but none of the settings made that there is a mp4 file written.

One more hint?

Thanks,

Boris

Hello CvH,

thank you for your hint and sorry for my very late answer.

I was looking for the setting, but I didn't find it. After some time, the request has faded into the background.

But to come back to it: How can I set the file format? The only possibility I found is a post-processing command, where I could run an ffmpeg with appropriate parameters..... I had hoped to be able to write to mkv when recording.

Thanks and greetings,

Boris

Hej all,

I want to make tvheadend (running on libreelec 9) accessible from the internet.

There's an Apache running on a different box with the reverse Proxy pointing to a location /tvheadend

ProxyPreserveHost On

Proxypass /tvheadend http://192.168.20.40:9981/tvheadend

Proxypassreverse /tvheadnend http://192.168.20.40:9981/tvheadend

Now the final step should be to make TVheadend use a different http_root by adding:

-f --http_root /tvheadend

to the calling command or writing

ARGS="-f --http_root /tvheadend"

to a config file for the daemon, which I do not find in libreelec.

How can that be done? Or is there a different idea to make tvheadend usable from outside?

Thanks and regards,

Boris

Hej all,

I'm running openelec since Kodi Frodo, later libreelec since forked and now recognized 9.0 is out. I took a new SD for my Raspi and installed. Now with the actual experience and the full satisfaction over the last years, I want to give a big THANK YOU and Applause to everybody working on that!

Boris

Hej all,

I'm running libreelec on Raspi with external DVB-C-Receiver and TVHeadend.

All recordings are written to disk as transport stream (.ts).

Also I use a Samsung Smart TV and connect via dlna to libreelec, but the TV is not able to decode the .ts file.

Is there a chance to make libreelec (or TVheadend) write the recordings as mp4 ?

Thank you for your statements!

Boris

Hej forum,

new to this forum, I want to give all developers and supporters ab big THANK YOU!

I used to use openelec on my Raspi since some years until it stopped working two days ago. TVHeadend did not longer connect to its backend. I tried some things and finally found that LE fork.
    I installed LE and it worked out of the box! Great!

Regards,

B.