Lirc - remote fail

• I'm using libreelec on x86_64

Got a remote (instead of the custom one, which causes some issues, I have cheap MCE) speedlink SL-6399-sbk with its own receiver.

I prefer to control all buttons, so (almost) all mappings are done and work.
    Unfortunately, it still fails randomly. Remote works for some time and stops, especially when I press many buttons/many times some button.

Using irw to read buttons I see, that it just stops with no comment. Then I cannot rerun it because of "connection refused" from lircd ("Cannot connect to socket //run/lirc/lircd: Connection refused"). How to debug it?

• Instead of using userspace Lircd it might be better to use the more modern in-kernel / ir-keytable configuration - read this wiki page for details: Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki]

If you do this it's best to disable Lirc in LibreELEC settings and rename (or remove) your .config/lircd.conf file and other lirc-related configurations so they don't get in the way of ir-keytable configuration.

so long,

Hias

• It was my fault.
    I had other IR receiver (called above 'custom': 16c0:05df Van Ooijen Technische Informatica HID device except mice, keyboards, and joysticks) and... I have forgot to plug it out :)

Disconnected, machine restarted and remote works like a charm, without issues, as MCE remote.

The only thing is some custom buttons on the remote. Is it possible to remap some buttons only?

The solution you provided is probably fine :) I'll read about that.