[SOLVED] How To Set Static Nameservers

• Is there a way to add a config file in /var? Or modify an existing one?

I am trying to set static nameservers for my kodi box. I think I know how to do that using connman, but I cannot save the needed config file or, alternatively, change /etc/connman/main.conf because the filesystem is mounted read only.

Searches for dealing with the read only issue have turned up many suggestions to put whatever new files one creates in /storage, but that won't work for the connman file.

• Use the LE settings add-on to edit the active network connection and set specific nameservers.

Thanks for the response. Is the "LE settings add-on" the same as the LE settings menu item? The one that has the options System, Network, Connections, Services, Bluetooth, About and is described here: LibreELEC Settings [LibreELEC.wiki] ? I can't find anything in there that would let me set nameservers.

Perhaps I am in the wrong place?

• Isn't that option visible first when You set static IP?

Aha! Thanks!

So, LE Settings>Connections>[Choose your wifi]>Edit>DNS Servers>Nameserver #1 etc.>Done

I wonder what file this actually changes. Must be a connman fille . . . .

Edited once, last by varanasi (May 30, 2018 at 4:16 PM).

• Official Post

connman stores 'profiles' for a connection and each profile has its own 'settings' file. You'll find them under /storage/.cache, but connman manages those files so unless you apply changes before the connman daemon is started any manual changes you make either a) don't have any effect, or b) will be wiped when connman state changes. Making changes through the GUI is the correct approach.