Compile Libreelec 6.0.3 (wlan-firmware 404)

• Hi,

i'm trying to compile Libreelec 6.0.3 but i get the following errors:

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Edited 2 times, last by dreasGh (May 26, 2018 at 10:21 AM).

• Official Post

The build system can not find the source of the wlan-firmware package, probably because it was moved/removed.

You can find a copy of the source here. To use a copy, update PKG_URL of package.mk of wlan-firmware accordingly.

LibreELEC 6.0.3 is not supported anymore, so you are very much on your own.

• LibreELEC 6.0 doesn't exist, we forked and started our releases at 7.0. Anything before then is someone else's problem :)

I know that but i have several graphic artifacts at startup and shutdown with LibreELEC 8.2.5 and Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, LibreELEC 7.0 does not start. So i'm trying to build old releases.

You can find a copy of the source here. To use a copy, update PKG_URL of package.mk of wlan-firmware accordingly.

Thanks for the help, i successfully downloaded the wlan-firmware but now the problem is the bootloader (404 again).

Edited once, last by dreasGh (May 26, 2018 at 1:40 PM).

• Official Post

I know that but i have several graphic artifacts at startup and shutdown with LibreELEC 8.2.5 and Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, LibreELEC 7.0 does not start. So i'm trying to build old releases.

RPi 3 hardware was released in Feb 2016 so the OE 6.0 codebase which predates that by a year? is not going to boot even if you do figure out the missing package dependencies. LE 7.0.3 should be fine. NB: Running older software likely introduces more bugs than it might solve, so a current milhouse testing release (newer everything than LE 8.2.5) is probably more productive; and if the issue still exists, report the problem to the milhouse support thread in Kodi forums instead of working backwards with old code.