Question about sales

• Official Post

As long as you install an official LibreELEC image and make zero modifications to the image there is no problem with selling devices that are pre-installed with LibreELEC. If you sell lots of systems and thus profit from our work an occasional donation to support the activities of the project would be appreciated (not required, but appreciated).

• Official Post

The Kodi trademark rules require you to completely rebrand Kodi if you make any modifications to default Kodi and this includes the installation of add-ons (regardless of the source). Although it is still technically breaking the rules, the one type of add-on that nobody would complain about is a language pack add-on so the customers GUI and first-run experience is in their local language.

• How i can rebrand kodi? I need only instaled Youtube and shoutcast. If i make new folders in system this is too this modification breaking the rules?

• Official Post

Just ship a standard LE image which contains standard Kodi, and an intro email/pdf that explains how to install two add-ons. You save the need for a custom image and loads of extra effort, and the sooner you teach customers how to install their own add-ons from the Kodi repo, the sooner they are independent people who don't need you to spoon feed them.

• I need a custom image because I need to configure the stream option, etc. to make everything work as it should. Will the LE picture with changed configuration be a problem with the clean image? How do you arrange a rebranding or can you ask for contact with a person with whom I could talk about it and get along?

• I need a custom image because I need to configure the stream option, etc. to make everything work as it should. Will the LE picture with changed configuration be a problem with the clean image? How do you arrange a rebranding or can you ask for contact with a person with whom I could talk about it and get along?

check the messages that i sent to you just now....thanks