help change screen orientation

• hello guys

i might need some help, im about to install singage like video to our store (charity project), but it designed vertically just like smartphone screen, if i play this video in kodi it only display small portion in the middle of the screen, i just want to play it in fullscreen with the tv rotated vertically, and no such setting to rotate the screen in kodi. kodi with amlogic box is the simplest and cheapest method, can anyone help me or point me to the right direction, thank you so much

• Official Post

A Raspberry Pi uses a simple setting in its config.txt file for rotating a screen to 0/90/180/270 degrees:

display_rotate=0 Normal

display_rotate=1 90 degrees

display_rotate=2 180 degrees

display_rotate=3 270 degrees

display_rotate=0x10000 horizontal flip

display_rotate=0x20000 vertical flip

I'm not sure how an Amlogic box would do this using LibreELEC.

• im not an expert user, my best knowledge only log in putty and changing something in a text file, do you thing this is somekind of pi's only uboot thingies or can we just copy paste this command in kodi /storage/.config/autorun?

thanks klojum

• tried it on x96mini and k2 pro, no effects at all using config.txt, in the end i'm using android atv mod as it can flip 270 :)

hope this feature will be implemented someday

• I’m on the same boat and looking for a solution. May I know how you solve it at the end? Which firmware you use for your tv box? And under what setting it allows flipping 270?