Upgrade 8.2.3 to 8.2.5 causes media system to be inaccesible

• Raspberry Pi3b

Windows 10

I have three raspberries running libreELEC 8.2.3. No problems. Windows network sees them as part of 'workgroup' and windows can moves files to and from smoothly. As test I upgraded one system to 8.2.5. Upgraded went well and the media system is still visible on the network but I can't access any shared folders/ files on this system. (Samba problem??) Windows says 'can't access this share'

Any advice would be welcome.

• Raspberry Pi3b

Windows 10

I have three raspberries running libreELEC 8.2.3. No problems. Windows network sees them as part of 'workgroup' and windows can moves files to and from smoothly. As test I upgraded one system to 8.2.5. Upgraded went well and the media system is still visible on the network but I can't access any shared folders/ files on this system. (Samba problem??) Windows says 'can't access this share'

Any advice would be welcome.

Your post is very confusing - at least to me. Maybe that's why you are getting no responses. You said "windows can moves files to and from smoothly." Then you said "Windows says 'can't access this share'". Where are your shares stored ? On a Windows 10 desktop computer ?

• Indeed, blueribb has it spot on - what is the client OS, you've told us it's Windows 10 but which version - is it with or without Fall Creators update? And what Is the "media system", is this your LibreELEC client?

Windows 10 with Fall Creators update no longer supports anonymous access (or SMB1) by default, so if you're using a Windows 10 machine with Fall Creators update to access a LibreELEC share then in the LibreELEC Samba Server enable authentication, and ensure the minimum protocol is set to SMB2.

If it still doesn't work then there's a mismatch somewhere in your network between minimum Samba protocols, and authentication requirements.

• Fixed it.

All someone had to say was
    don't add windows shares via Windows Network (SMB) option like I iused to do in 8.2.3 but simply add a network location. Would have saved me about 3 days and ten man years of work.

Who the F* changed that option.

• stacsmax53 Samba Network Browsing hasn't been supported for a long time as it depends on SMB1 which is no longer supported by Microsoft in Windows 10 (unless you enable SMB1 yourself, which is not recommended by anyone including Microsoft).

The reason it wasn't suggested is because your initial post gave no indication that network browsing was remotely part of the problem - on the contrary you gave the impression that network browsing is actually working ("Windows network sees them as part of 'workgroup'" etc.), although that might suggest you have SMB1 enabled, which is why I asked if you had the Fall Creators update (as this will disable SMB1).

This is the biggest problem when trying to solve Samba issues - there are just too many moving parts and when a user gives insufficient or confusing information it becomes even more difficult to work out why devices and services in the users network do not work together.

So please, don't try and suggest this is our problem for not helping you. Thanks.