@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• X96 Max 2g/16G S905x2 used -rmii dtb

the 20190424 installed yesterday

this version brought in the ability to install from the LE repository. Thank you.

I successfully installed Tvheadend HTSP Client and connected to my server.

For my simple use case presently this goes a long way to making it usable.

The wired NIC needs to be enabled after booting ... but this is not much of a hassle now, but it does need to be done each time after a power down or reboot.

The 20190425 image installed today

No changes here in either Audio or wired NIC.

Only noticeable change is that a couple of options for tvheadend htsp client were not shown ... there were a few shown yesterday.

BTW ....... what does the -rmii in the dtb name signify?

Progress is good :)

• rgmii (10/100/1000) and rmii (10/100) are different realtek PHY drivers .. the PHY is responsible for the physical connection to the network and Amlogic chips support "internal" rmii for free (it's part of the core SoC). Cost-engineered devices often skip the optional "external" PHY chip (usually rgmii but there are other options) to shave cents on the manufacturing costs. I'm not sure rmii is a good designation so the dts name might change, i've asked the kernel maintainers for their suggestions and preference.

• rgmii (10/100/1000) and rmii (10/100) are different realtek PHY drivers .. the PHY is responsible for the physical connection to the network and Amlogic chips support "internal" rmii for free (it's part of the core SoC). Cost-engineered devices often skip the optional "external" PHY chip (usually rgmii but there are other options) to shave cents on the manufacturing costs. I'm not sure rmii is a good designation so the dts name might change, i've asked the kernel maintainers for their suggestions and preference.

Thanks for the info; and I fully support the idea of the name change.

I only used that dtb because the advisory post said a new dtb was added, and that was the only one I noticed.

I also think it would be an error to base the naming on the ram size .... it might be how things are done presently, but new devices could have any combination of ram & nic.

Anyway, for the present there is progress which is great .... and thanks to all involved for the efforts made.

• Why would you expect it to, no one here is developing builds for the N2 yet.

Our single AMLG12 image now runs on both G12A and G12B hardware variants (including the N2) and in the next week a proper N2 install image will be available. It will be as non-functional as other G12 devices right now (same codebase, same things missing) but audio support will land soon which will get the ball rolling.

• I guess it will just take a lot of time until this is usable as a Mediacenter. I was able to fix a null ptr although I went ahead and tested CoreELEC which is a better solution because everything works right now no offense. I will revisit this after more things work.

• Thread cleaned from non-development posts and reopened. Please focus on mainline development here, everybody is free to discuss other matters by opening a separate thread.

• Thanks for the correction

kszaq

This corrects the problem with the dtb of KI Pro, done that and it is possible to install the balbes version without problems.

Edited 2 times, last by Fran (May 1, 2019 at 5:44 PM).

• KI Pro with a latest version of balbes150

I've done my remote KI Pro patch here

remoto-mecool k1 pro.zip
    Only one key does not work correctly!
    (audio) to make the audio change.
    Maybe some friend here can fix it.

Great job, all very beautiful.

That's why I like this house.

Kernel 3.14 is now no longer exists.
    kszaq
    The audio recognizes the tv philips HDMI: ok.
    Video: ok.
    dtv: no.
    Tuner is not recognized on tvheadend.

I'll post new issues and improvements soon!

Edited 13 times, last by Fran (May 2, 2019 at 2:50 AM).

• Libreelec 8.2 had working driver support for your intternal tuner, I am not certain if it was ever ported over to the Leia builds.

Shoog

Edited once, last by Shoog (May 2, 2019 at 8:29 AM).