Boot loop

• After testing with LibraElec and OpenElec i´m about to give up on getting kodi back on my screen.
    They both goes to boot loop with the lastest version of them both.
    Not sure what the heck is going on..
    Not even installing Libra with noobs helps me.

What can i do to get this working?

Just got the Pi 3 b+ today and if i put the sd card in my pi 2 it works fine.

I have formatted and added files 10 times now and no luck.?(

Here is a video https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8hxc5fjw0l06do/2018-04-20%2020.30.23.mp4?dl=0

Edited once, last by r33p0phph (April 21, 2018 at 1:47 AM).

• OpenELEC has no support for 3B+ hardware. LibreELEC supports it in the 8.2.4/8.2.5 releases only. What files are you copying over to the SD card after creating the card with our USB/SD creator app?

• OpenElec gives med Rainbow colors and nothing more. (Could be that they have not updated to new boot files)
    LibreElec is in a boot loop forever. (8.2.5, using image i download and the Creator.)
    Noobs installs the OS, but goes into boot loop after restart. (Raspbian)

Raspbian (Raspbian Stretch with desktop) Version: April 2018

Tested with 4 different power supplies also.

• This sounds like a hardware fault.

Presumably it's not the PSU if you've tried 4 different makes/models.

Have you tried different SD cards (maybe the one you are using is fake, and results in corrupt installations?)

Or the board itself is faulty - there are some "faulty" Pi3B+ models in circulation (a very small number, which seem to have marginal silicon which is under investigation by the RPi developers), so you may want to consider returning it to your retailer for replacement.

Before you do send it back, try writing LibreELEC 8.2.5 to your SD card, then open config.txt and add the following settings at the bottom of the file:

Code
    arm_freq=1200
    over_voltage=2
    sdram_freq=450
    over_voltage_sdram=4
    sdram_schmoo=0x02000020

and see if that improves things (this isn't a fix, but would be a strong indicator that your board has marginal silicon).