8.2.5 break IR remote

• Is this on original Slice (1) or Slice 3? Do you use a custom /storage/.config/lircd.conf?

Please upload system logs (LE settings->System->Submit Log) and post the URL.

so long,

Hias

• Interesting, it looks like the lirc_rpi driver isn't loading.

Could you try to add the following line to /flash/config.txt

Code
    1. dtdebug=1

Then reboot and post the output of the following command:

Code
    1. vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | paste

so long,

Hias

• http://ix.io/17pf

i am guessing this is the issue

Code
    1. 003223.334: dtdebug: Opened overlay file 'overlays/slice.dtbo'
    2. 003225.094: brfs: File read: /mfs/sd/overlays/slice.dtbo
    3. 003238.793: dterror: can't find symbol 'cprman'
    4. 003238.805: Failed to resolve overlay 'slice'
  • Yes, you are absolutely right, the "slice" DT overlay seems to be broken. I'll ping the

To get back IR on the Slice the following line in /flash/config.txt should work

Code
    1. dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=37

This will use the more modern gpio-rc-recv driver which means you'll also be able to disable Lirc in LE settings.

so long,

Hias

• This has fixed IR, you have to leave the setting enable in the settings as i tested disabling it and it stopped it working

• Thanks for the feedback!

After disabling Lirc in LE settings you have to reboot, then in-kernel decoding will be used (running Lirc disables that) and the remote should work again. Could you try that?

so long,

Hias

• I have CM1 and all the above solved it for me. Lirc is now disabled in settings and remote works after reboot.

Cheers

• Thanks for the feedback!

After disabling Lirc in LE settings you have to reboot, then in-kernel decoding will be used (running Lirc disables that) and the remote should work again. Could you try that?

so long,

Hias

Works fine now after reboot :thumbup: