8.2.5 break IR remote

• Is this on original Slice (1) or Slice 3? Do you use a custom /storage/.config/lircd.conf?

Please upload system logs (LE settings->System->Submit Log) and post the URL.

so long,

Hias

• Interesting, it looks like the lirc_rpi driver isn't loading.

Could you try to add the following line to /flash/config.txt

Code
    dtdebug=1

Then reboot and post the output of the following command:

Code
    vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | paste

so long,

Hias

• http://ix.io/17pf

i am guessing this is the issue

Code
    003223.334: dtdebug: Opened overlay file 'overlays/slice.dtbo'
    003225.094: brfs: File read: /mfs/sd/overlays/slice.dtbo
    003238.793: dterror: can't find symbol 'cprman'
    003238.805: Failed to resolve overlay 'slice'
  • Yes, you are absolutely right, the "slice" DT overlay seems to be broken. I'll ping the

To get back IR on the Slice the following line in /flash/config.txt should work

Code
    dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=37

This will use the more modern gpio-rc-recv driver which means you'll also be able to disable Lirc in LE settings.

so long,

Hias

• Yes, you are absolutely right, the "slice" DT overlay seems to be broken. I'll ping the

To get back IR on the Slice the following line in /flash/config.txt should work

Code
    dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=37

This will use the more modern gpio-rc-recv driver which means you'll also be able to disable Lirc in LE settings.

so long,

Hias

This has fixed IR, you have to leave the setting enable in the settings as i tested disabling it and it stopped it working

• Thanks for the feedback!

After disabling Lirc in LE settings you have to reboot, then in-kernel decoding will be used (running Lirc disables that) and the remote should work again. Could you try that?

so long,

Hias

• Thanks for the feedback!

After disabling Lirc in LE settings you have to reboot, then in-kernel decoding will be used (running Lirc disables that) and the remote should work again. Could you try that?

so long,

Hias

Works fine now after reboot :thumbup: