xdotool addon?

• I am having trouble making this as an addon. So far I have (omitting the copyright message:

I have cribbed this from the existing vpeter/oe github referred to above, plus a bit of what I have gathered from looking up othr addons (both OE and LE). I also have a freshly compiled OE7 tree.

However it doesn't compile. Using

Code
    PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 ./scripts/create_addon xdotool

it eventually ends up with

Now time to cook dinner. Solutions on a postcard etc etc. Thanks guys.

• I am having trouble making this as an addon. So far I have (omitting the copyright message:

I have cribbed this from the existing vpeter/oe github referred to above, plus a bit of what I have gathered from looking up othr addons (both OE and LE). I also have a freshly compiled OE7 tree.

However it doesn't compile. Using

Code
    PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 ./scripts/create_addon xdotool

it eventually ends up with

Now time to cook dinner. Solutions on a postcard etc etc. Thanks guys.

Hello nickr,

If xdottool is only used in combination with chromium, it is maybe easier to ship it with chromium, see eg the PR to add unclutter.

I will have time to assist tonight

• Yeah I don't know of another use except to drive a browser. If you want to include it in chromium, thats great. I will learn from what you do!

Hello nickr!

This builds:

I will add it to chromium, the same way as I added unclutter.
    I might not have the time to do it tonight, though.
    [hr]
    Hello nickr,

This is how I suggest to add xdotool to chromium.
    Would you please be so kind to build and runtime test it.
    Thank you in advance.

• OK chromium fails to build, finishing with

Code
    BUILD    chromium (target)
    Updating projects from gyp files...
    ninja: Entering directory `out/Release'
    [10/16930] ACTION v8_external_snapshot: run_mksnapshot (external)_d7a316e05e7b0a438c42a81cdde1cb2e
    FAILED: cd ../../v8/tools/gyp; ../../../out/Release/mksnapshot --log-snapshot-positions --logfile ../../../out/Release/obj/v8/tools/gyp/v8_external_snapshot.gen/snapshot.log --random-seed 314159265 --startup_blob ../../../out/Release/snapshot_blob.bin ""
    ../../../out/Release/mksnapshot: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ../../../out/Release/mksnapshot)
    [10/16930] CC obj/third_party/ffmpeg/libavcodec/ffmpeg.h264qpel.o
    ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

No idea....

• Hi nickr,
    I had overlooked you are building for LE7.
    I have managed to build the PR for LE8, after adding the xdotool dependency to chromium (I updated the PR accordingly).
    I will try to build the PR for LE7 during the night, to see if I can reproduce your issue.
    If not, I will post the addon on this thread.
    Just in case you can runtime test on LE8, here is chromium with xdotool for LE8.
    Thank you for your patience.

• Thanks, downloading now. Will test and advise...
    [hr]
    OK installed that, have "run xdotool" switched on (.kodi/userdata/browser.chromium/settings.xml confirms).

However when chromium starts via netflix, xdotool doesn't seem to start.

unclutter does start. but ps ax|grep xdotool reveals nothing.

xdotool will run from the command line, and xdotool key alt+F4 closes chromium. However the lines in the startup script

if [ "$RUN_XDOTOOL" == "true" ]
    then
    xdotool &
    XDOTOOL_PID=$!
    fi

don't seem to be doing anything.
    [hr]
    Ahhh enlightenment

xdotool will not background like xdotool &.

In fact it needs to be run per keypress. So having it there and runnable should be enough and those lines won't be needed in the chromium startup script.

flix2kodi has a script:

/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.flix2kodi/resources/scripts/keysender/linux/chromium.sh

It is effectivley a big if, then else case statement with stanzas like:

if [ "$1" = "close" ];
    then
    CMD="alt+F4"

I am trying to work out what feeds into this script.

• Thank you for testing.
    Waiting for further feedback.