dualHD + kernel/libreelec version?

• I just updated by mistake my LE 8.0.2 to newer one and did not remember why I had not updated it before. The reason was that all the versions after do not support dual tuners in my Hauppauge dualHD (1590). Now I am running with only one tuner.

Couple of questions:

1) What is the the easiest way to get dual tuner ability back to LE?

2) I am considering getting another rig to this purpose too. I just installed Lubuntu 18 Beta 1. Same case. Only one tuner.

This must be firmware issue, right? It worker already before, why not now? From where I can get the latest set (modulator+tuner) firmwares that support dual tuners in LIbreelec 8.2.4 (kernel 4.13?) and/or Lubuntu 18 (Kernel 4.15).

There is a huge repository in Hauppauges page (for kernel 4.13?) but I hope I can just update the clowns (firmware), not the whole circus (compile kernel).

• Yeah. That could the only way. But then I will lose the UI of all the recordings (400+).

I was kinda hoping that CvH & co. would help on this one. There is some kinda forked version of LE with more dvb drivers in it. I just did not dare to try it that I do not mess up the rest of this now.