re-enable alsa-plugins

• Hi,

I saw, that you removed alsa-plugins in early 2016. With snapcast we have an alsa-only addon which would need the alsa pulse plugin to output sound to pulseaudio. That would be the only way to have this addon send data to a bluetooth speaker.

I am currently trying to re-enable the old alsa-plugins package file, it seems to be working (build package worked, make image is still running).

Could you think about re-enabling it in general, or maybe as an addon?

• There are other use cases as well. For example there's an ALSA plugin that can load LADSPA plugins. Ladspa_(plugin)

For example I could create an ALSA device called 'night mode' that loads a LADSPA-based dynamics compressor for late night movie watching without having to turn up the volume on dialogue and then turn it down again in action scenes.

• Amazing progress guys!

There is no need to add the libraries to the image. Simply add them to a directory in LD_LIBRARY_PATH and edit /storage/.config/asound.conf to use them.

I will add pulse to Snapclient, because there is a use case. I let someone else add all or the rest to the audio-tools addon.

Please discuss the pulse with Snapclient use case in the Snapcast thread, so that everyone can share without searching much.

Thanks