Posts by Catscrash

run 'pactl list sinks' and look at 'Latency'. You'll see a value in usec displayed for your currently active output. Take this value, devide by 1000 and pass it to snapclient as the latency parameter, e.g. for a value of 30000 usec in your pulseaudio playback latency you run 'snapclient --latency=30' and everything will be in sync again.

Hi,

thanks for that, unfortunately it just says 0 usec in the pactl list sinks command:

Latency: 0 usec, configured 48219 usec - setting it to 48 is too little, I have put it up to the maximum of 100 and it's almost in sync now, although not 100%. I guess some more msec would be necessary

Hi,

I saw, that you removed alsa-plugins in early 2016. With snapcast we have an alsa-only addon which would need the alsa pulse plugin to output sound to pulseaudio. That would be the only way to have this addon send data to a bluetooth speaker.

I am currently trying to re-enable the old alsa-plugins package file, it seems to be working (build package worked, make image is still running).

Could you think about re-enabling it in general, or maybe as an addon?

I found this when using aplay maybe that's the issue:

aplay a2002011001-e02.wav

ALSA lib /home/neil/projects/http://LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.5/src/dlmisc.c:254:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so

aplay: main:828: audio open error: No such device or address

Edit: I got alsa-plugins to compile as a package, now I'm just building a new image to try this, I'll report back

Hi,

thank you. Okay, so that seems to do something, but I think that's not quite right, now there's nothing anymore:

Code
    snapclient -l
    0: null
    Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)

I added dtparam=audio=on to config.txt, now I have with your asound.conf again

aplay -L gives the same output btw. I think you're right, that the alsa-pulseaudio plugin is missing or not activated somehow

on PC it works just fine - here I have a output like this:

snapclient -l

0: default

Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server

1: null

Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)

2: pulse

PulseAudio Sound Server

If I select 0 here, snapclient just routes the audio to pulseaudio like any other client on the pc.

I think there's probably the pulseaudio library missing in the snapclient addon for libreelec, so that it doesn't find the pulseaudio of libreelec?

Also - of course kodi "holds" the pulseaudio speaker, but there is running a pulseaudio server which is used by kodi - snapclient should just output to that pulseaudio server as a source - just like it does on a desktop

Or maybe - if for some reason that's not possible - is it possible that snapclient just outputs to "kodi" - like librespot does? that way it would just use whatever source is used in kodi, or is that not possible due to the syncing?

Hi,

I have a bluetooth Receiver on one of my libreelec devices (milhouse 9 build) - How can I make snapclient on this device play to the bluetooth device? Everything else on this device plays to bluetooth without issues

System Audio is set to "PULSE: (SPEAKERNAME)"

"snapclient -l" on ssh also only delivers the ALSA devices, no pulseaudio device

yep, sorry about that. Noticed too late that I'm still on milhouse test builds. I'll try with regular libreelec alpha later, if it happens there as well.

kodi-keller is not the username, it's the hostname that you can set during initial configuration.

ok, so here's what I did:

Code
    kodi-keller:~/.kodi/addons # cp -av /usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.hts ./pvr.hts2
    '/usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so.3.4.6' -> './pvr.hts2/pvr.hts.so.3.4.6'
    '/usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.hts' -> './pvr.hts2'

kodi-keller:~ # cp -av /usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.hts/* .kodi/addons/pvr.hts2/
    '/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.hts/addon.xml' -> '.kodi/addons/pvr.hts2/addon.xml'
    '/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.hts/changelog.txt' -> '.kodi/addons/pvr.hts2/changelog.txt'
    '/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.hts/icon.png' -> '.kodi/addons/pvr.hts2/icon.png'
    [...]

Then I edited the new ~/.kodi/addons/pvr.hts2/addons.xml
    - I changed the addon id to pvr.hts2 as well as the name so that I would recognize it later as the new one.

I rebooted, found the new entry in PVR Clients and edited the settings. After activating the new client the system crashes and kodi keeps restarting and crashing. As soon as I delete the addon in SSH it starts up fine again.

Hi,

with kodi 15 I was able to connect to two tvheadend servers by copying pvr.hts.

Now pvr.hts seems to be in /usr/lib, I tried just copying it under a different name to .kodi/addons and it did appear, but crashed as soon as I activated the new one.

Did anyone manage to get that done? If so, how?

Thanks