SMB issues (Odroid C2)

• Hi.

I'm using the latest 8.2.4 build for the Odroid C2.

I can no longer connect to SMB with it in any way (Operation not permitted).

I tried enabling SMBv1, limiting the connection to v1, 2 and 3.

This happens with 2 Win10 PCs that used to work fine (shared with "Everyone", no password needed).

Now here's where it gets odd: It still has a connection saved from upgrading from an older Jarvis build. That connection still works fine, no complaints. However, if I try to connect manually to that same PC again via "Browse" or directly entering the IP/Host, I again get "Operation not permitted".

Any ideas please?

Edited once, last by Arakon (March 27, 2018 at 7:45 AM).

• ...shared with "Everyone", no password needed).

I don't understand why so many people still think this is a good idea. This comes up several times each week on this forum.

With the increase in malware attacks in recent years, no security is asking for trouble at some point in the future (look up Wannacry to understand how that was spread). Probably you can fix your settings in LibreELEC to work, but you'd be better spending the time to set up proper username / password security on your PCs. You'll need to do it sooner or later.

• 1. Secure your shares with username & password

2. Enter shares address manually (no browsing)

• For a long time Kodi would only work using SMB version 1 on many Linux platforms. Windows 10 recent versions disable smb version 1. Re-enabling it usually works. But if you want to use smb version 2 or 3 you will still struggle. Ive heard Kodi 18 supports smb 2/3 but i dont know if the underlying platforms do.

• LE 8.2.5 (K17) or any LE K18 image supports SMB 1-3 (our devs added it to Kodi). There is no reason to reactivate SMB1, but you must accept the reality of needing to use authentication to shares on Windows hosts. Once people get over that and stop trying to find a lazy shortcut that doesn't exist anymore; it all works.