Cannot get audio pass-through of DTSHDMA or TrueHD with new x86 thin client box

• As far as I know you have to disable adjust refresh rate because otherwise the audiostream gets resample. With resampling pass-through is not possible, only a pcm stream

• As far as I know you have to disable adjust refresh rate because otherwise the audiostream gets resample. With resampling pass-through is not possible, only a pcm stream

I've done it for years on Intel hardware and with older AMD hardware. Also, it works fine under Windows. There are many people out there playing 24p movies with pass-through working perfectly.

I think you are confusing "adjust refresh rate" and "synchnise to display". The former should and generally does work just fine with embedded audio streams including HD audio. The latter can only be used with PCM due to the resampling issue and if decoded audio is needed with "synchronise to display" then that has do be done within Kodi/LibreELEC. In this case there is some other issue prevening the OP's hardware from working. About a year ago I tried a Kabini processor for a short while with LibreELEC (Athlon 5350 in my case) but I had trouble to get HD working, and had issues with 4k as well. I went back to Intel since I already had the hardware available.

• So, doesn't seem to work with the NUC either. I actually ended up getting a Kaby Lake i3 NUC. I ordered a Skylake i3, but the seller couldn't find it and offered the Kaby Lake for the same price, so I said yes.

It looks like I might just have to put a bigger drive in and load Windows. At least there is no concern with CPU limitations with Kaby Lake due to hardware accelerated decoding of HEVC (up to 4K/10bit).

• So, doesn't seem to work with the NUC either. I actually ended up getting a Kaby Lake i3 NUC. I ordered a Skylake i3, but the seller couldn't find it and offered the Kaby Lake for the same price, so I said yes.

It looks like I might just have to put a bigger drive in and load Windows. At least there is no concern with CPU limitations with Kaby Lake due to hardware accelerated decoding of HEVC (up to 4K/10bit).

So, it has been some time. I recently replaced my Yamaha receiver (RX-A3010) with an Integra (Onkyo) and now LibreElec works fine with DTS-HD MA and TrueHD. I was using Windows 10/Kodi, but it never worked as reliably as LibreElec, so I'm glad to be back on something that resembles a Kodi Appliance. There must be some strange way Yamaha handles the audio compared to Onkyo. The Yamaha worked with older hardware, but it didn't like my Thin Client nor my Kaby Lake NUC.