Kodi steals CEC device source when powering off.

• Hello everybody,

I have a problem with CEC when powering off my tv box.

I installed libreelec on an sd-card and so I am able to boot into the android version from the manufacturer or into libreelec.

Whenever I power off my box (MINIX U9), it turns off my tv/avr correctly as I configured in CEC settings.

Then a few seconds later, the CEC source switches back to Kodi.

After that no other device (bd-player, ...) gets the source back from the tv box. And so I don't get a sound signal from other devices.

The only way to get audio to work again is to unplug the MINIX box from the power.

When I run the box on Android, CEC works as expected.

I have also recognized a difference between the shutdown with android and libreelec.

If I shutdown with android the power led turns off.

If I "shutdown" using the hibernate function with android the power led turns to green.

With libreelec I have "only" one shutdown mechanism. It seems it procecces a full shutdown (no hibernate).

But the power led turns to green.

It seems that everything is turned off except for the HDMI source.

Apart from that CEC issue, the build works very well and in my opinion it is the better choise than android.

My setup is a MINIX U9-H (amlogic S912 SoC) with a dual-boot installation.

Android 6.01 is installed on the internal memory, libreelec on a sd card.

The libreelec version is the build 8.2.2.3 by kszaq. I connected the box to the TV (hdmi 2.0b) and my TV is connected to the AVR (hdmi 1.4a) using ARC

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Does anybody know about this?

• I have 2 Tanix TX5 and 4 X96 boxes (all S905X based) running LibreELEC 8.2.3.1 and they all exhibit the same behavior. For instance, as soon as I power down my Tanix TX5 (with libCEC Adapter in Input Devices disabled!!) the CEC signals from my TV to my receiver are blocked. When I start NetFlix in my TV, it should change the source to the HDMI audio return channel, but that doesn't work anymore. Also, my TV should turn on/off my receiver, but that also stops working with the box powered down. As soon as I unplug the power to the TX5, everything works properly again. Therefore I never turn my boxes off. But it would be nice and more energy friendly if you could just power the boxes down with CEC issues.

• I have 2 Tanix TX5 and 4 X96 boxes (all S905X based) running LibreELEC 8.2.3.1 and they all exhibit the same behavior. For instance, as soon as I power down my Tanix TX5 (with libCEC Adapter in Input Devices disabled!!) the CEC signals from my TV to my receiver are blocked.

Does it behave the same with CEC Adapter (in Input Devices) Enabled?

• Yes, you can disble it in Libreelec but in uboot is still activated.

As I read in other forum, to solve the problem we have to disable it in uboot.

At the moment I have no idea how to do that. A quick Google mentioned something about recompiling and I don't have these skills (just yet).