AZW Z83II support

• Hello,

I experience the same problem as this thread every help is appreciated.

The WiFI controller isnt found when installing the newest build (bluetooth works well) .

This mini pc is relatively new so it's strange that the WiFi drivers are not supported in LibreELEC.

Installed version:

LibreELEC (official): 8.2.3 (Generic.x86_64)

Mini-pc specifications:

Manufacturer: AZW
    Link spec: Z83 II INTEL X5-Z8350 MINI PC

Model: Z83 II

Bios: YB1007 08/17/2017

Wifi chipset: Broadcom AP6255 + AP6212

Logging:

dmesg | paste: http://ix.io/Sl5

lspci -nn | paste: http://ix.io/Fp

• I experience the same problem as this thread every help is appreciated.

The WiFI controller isnt found when installing the newest build (bluetooth works well) .

This mini pc is relatively new so it's strange that the WiFi drivers are not supported in LibreELEC.

Indeed. I can confirm that this is also the case with latest pre-9.0. Never noticed it since I'm using wired network.

• Just checked: The kernel that gets used by current head (4.14.24) already knows about the device ID and the firmware files are present as well. But it is still not recognized. As I'm mainly using wired network only I do not have that much experience with this WLAN stuff so I cannot really help much except doing some testing :(

• Just checked: The kernel that gets used by current head (4.14.24) already knows about the device ID and the firmware files are present as well. But it is still not recognized. As I'm mainly using wired network only I do not have that much experience with this WLAN stuff so I cannot really help much except doing some testing :(

Nice that this Wifi chipset can be used, hopefully this driver will be patched in the current/newest kernel.

• next to the broadcom firmware for the OP's wifi chip on the Z83 II (brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin), you also need to supply the nvram text file.

A 'dmesg' would probably show that it cannot find it:

===> brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.txt failed with error -2

Copy the attached .txt file to the same folder (/lib/firmware/brcm).

• Seeing this thread is called "AZW Z83 II Support", I would like to add another issue.

I have been trying to get sound from the audio jack, did anyone get this working?

• next to the broadcom firmware for the OP's wifi chip on the Z83 II (brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin), you also need to supply the nvram text file.

A 'dmesg' would probably show that it cannot find it:

===> brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.txt failed with error -2

Copy the attached .txt file to the same folder (/lib/firmware/brcm).

gkkpch Thanks for the tip, but its not that simple I get this error message:

Code
     can't create /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.txt: Read-only file system
  • Then you need to get in touch with the developers and have it added, I have not tried it with LibreElec

I'm using it successfully with a Volumio (volumio.org) installation, not LibreElec.

Just happened to stumble over this thread searching for audio jack clues on an AZW Z83II.

• Just reinstalled Windows 10 Home X64 on my Z83 II. he only problem I have was the wireless Adapter. Found a fix. See this thread.

showthread.php?tid=8

Had to copy the 4345r6nvram.txt file to the \Window\System 32\Driver folder before updating file

Hope this helps someone

• racef@ce

I just bought an AZW Z83 II as defective (wrong bios flashed) from ebay.

Could you provide me a backup of the yb1007 bios - so I can reflash it with a programmer.

I just found older versions, and i am not absolutely sure if they match this model.

istvan58 seems to search the same:

Z83V bios need

Thanks in advance ...